𝘈 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨

"Dick, sleep!"

"Dick, sleep!"

"You're gonna love this, trust me!"

"Sleep." Maeve groaned, rubbing her eyes as I tossed her the scar cream for her face.

"You can sleep after I go to school." I promised and pushed her into the kitchen where Bruce was holding an envelope and Selina was practically shaking with excitement.

"Good morning, sweetheart!" Selina grinned. "Sleep good?"

"Not good."

"Bad dreams again?"

"Mhm."

"I'll set up another session with Canary while I'm at the Watchtower today. I just have a few things to monitor before we all go on patrol tonight, kid." Bruce called out and slid the envelope to Maeve. "Mail came for you today."

Maeve mumbled something incoherent and ripped open the envelope, pulling out a piece of paper and turned to Bruce unamused.

"This is?"

"You are officially Maeve Elizabeth Wayne, my daughter. That right there is your official birth certificate, Maeve." He explained with a smile and she tilted her head. "A fresh start... without Joker, without Harley. The life you deserve, Maeve."

"No mom?" Maeve asked and Alfred frowned, placing two plates of pancakes in front of us.

"Kitten..." Selina sighed, clearly unsure how to bring up the topic. "Harley adores you, but she's... just not in a good place now. Maybe in the future, you two can-"

"Mom good person!"

"We're not saying she's bad, Maeve! But, right now, Harley and you need some time apart."

"I know it's hard to understand right now, but Harley agreed to this. She wants you to live the life you deserve... the life you almost didn't have the chance to have, Maeve." Bruce continued, gesturing to the birth certificate. "This is your chance to escape from Joker for good."

"Ace no more?"

"Ace no more." He smiled and Maeve slowly nodded, looking at her birth certificate. "Why don't you find a place to frame it?"

"I've got just the place, Miss Maeve. Follow me." Alfred said, holding out a hand which she gladly took and walked away.

"She's talking more." Selina hummed, handing me a cup of juice.

"I've got her in speech therapy and Dick constantly tries to have conversations with her. Alfred also helps tremendously when I'm at work by reading and helping her write and read big words." Bruce shrugged, taking a glance at his phone. "And I'm working from home today... She has speech therapy, an appointment with the plastic surgeon and it's time for home inspection again which means we probably have to skip patrol."