𝘋𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

~Maeve's POV~

~Maeve's POV~

"That's your third shower in two hours."

"It's the only thing keeping me awake until I finish all my overdue assignments and don't overdose on caffeine. I already drank three energy drinks today and my chest is starting to hurt." I grumbled and threw myself on the couch next to Dick, grabbing my laptop. "What are we watching?"

"Jaime saving Metropolis." He grumbled. "I miss Clark."

"And I miss Diana calling out Bruce on the way he raised us."

"Hey, if the Justice League's too busy, I'm happy to pick up the slack." Jaime said as we both turned back to the TV. "I am so honored by your kind attentions... And so honored to be your hero."

"I'm really starting to hate that guy." I rolled my eyes and glanced down at my laptop. "How much longer can I put this off until it becomes concerning?"

"Maybe two more days and I'll help you with half of it." Dick shrugged, setting my laptop on the coffee table and sat me on his lap. "What are we gonna do about Blue?"

"Babs, Bart, Zee and Raquel are handling it. We found a temple in Bialya belonging to the Beetles... Zee's gonna cast a spell to regain control of Jaime's scarab while the rest of the Team handle any threats." I said and kissed his cheek. "And I took care of all of it, so you're welcome."

"And why didn't you go? Seems like something you'd want to be part of."

"I'm behind on assignments, have a lot of work with the Foundation and I'd probably crash halfway through from the exhaustion... plus, we're behind on laundry and need to go grocery shopping tomorrow."

"When's the last time you slept?" Dick asked when I tried to hide a yawn.

"Does being unconscious count?"

"No."

"Then like two weeks or so? I've been taking power naps here and there... And you're one to talk, Mr. 'I'll sleep when Connor punches me in the face and knocks me out.' You haven't slept for longer!"

"I'm not getting kidnapped every month." He pointed out with a smirk.

"As if I ask for that! Next time, I'm walking around with a banner that says 'kidnap me to piss off my boyfriend' to see how many people line up."

"You're such a comedian."

"I've been told I'm funny from time to-"

"Domino, it's Zatanna. You read me?" Zatanna asked as the TV switched channels automatically to video. "Am I interrupting something? Because if I am, I'm gonna need some holy water and bleach."

"You're fine, Zee. Dingus over here is trying to convince me to go back to sleep." I waved it off and got off Dick's lap. "Did you do it?"

"They're back in control over their own bodies... and you do need to get some sleep, both of you. You look dead and dying."