𝘊𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘦𝘴

"Why did I know I'd find you here?"

"Mae, I don't-"

"I'm not here to tell you anything. I'm here because I don't want you to be alone right now." I shrugged and sat down in front of the Flying Grayson posters. "You were so little!"

"That was taken two weeks before it happened

"That was taken two weeks before it happened... guess it wasn't a death defying performance after all." Dick mumbled, hugging his knees. "They would've loved you, Mae."

"The Joker's daughter who's all scarred up? You're kidding me?"

"Wouldn't have mattered to them. They would've loved you just the same... especially Mom."

"You look like her, but with-"

"My dad's hair and eyes." He chuckled, leaning back on his elbows. "Haly always said I was a perfect mix of both of them. Never saw it until now, I guess."

"Y'know Harls snuck me out to see the circus once? It was a few months after I was dropped in the pit of acid and had time for my skin to heal... said that every kid deserved to see the circus at least once in their lives and escape from everything." I admitted and he turned to me with wide eyes.

"Guess Harley wasn't such a bad mother, huh?"

"Guess not... but it's-"

"Complicated?"

"Very." I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder. "Wish I got the chance to meet your parents, Dick. From your stories, they seem like nice people."

"Kinda wish you'd got to meet them too, Mae."

"Hey, we're on in ten." Roy called out with a frown. "So... Robin's a Flying Grayson?"

"How'd-"

"Nobody looks at a poster about to cry unless it means something to them. Secret's safe with me, don't worry." He promised as we both stood up. "But everyone's gonna find out sooner or later."

"Wally knows and obviously so does Domino. I'll tell the rest after this is over." Dick shrugged and reached out to hold my hand. "Did you check that-"

"Bolts are welded together and there's no rust. Trapeze bar was changed this morning and there's chalk everywhere on the ledge. M'gann did a test fly and I hung there for a bit to make sure. Silk ropes are also secured. We tripled-checked everything, Robin."