𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭

a/n: idk if i made dick cry in this book yet... oh well, he cries because i say so.

and merry christmas because none of you are gonna be happy with me next chapter

song for this chapter: 21 gun salute - catch your breath

~Dick's POV~

"And here's my pretty girl!"

"Pretty fucking annoying is what you are."

"Aww, smile for the camera, babe!" I said and Maeve flipped off the camera and continued wrap presents with Jason. "Oh, come on!"

"When I first heard your voice, you used to irritate me." Jason smirked.

"And now?"

"I'd punch those pearly white teeth, but Maeve would punch mine." He shrugged.

"I've got more presents and wrapping paper! The stores are chaos!" Bruce called out, walking inside the living room with Alfred trailing behind. "Dick, put your phone down and help wrap these presents if we want to take them to the orphanage on Christmas."

"Alfred almost fought someone for the last toy kitchen set and a Barbie." Selina chuckled, setting down some toys.

"Babe, help Alfred wrap the toy cars and the dolls. Bruce and Selina, wrap the teen gifts and Jay and I will finish the ones for the babies and tikes... Has anyone heard from the catering to see if they can make it tomorrow for the homeless shelter?"

"Dick... you gotta stop, man." Wally sighed, pausing the video. "We'll find them."

"Y'know that's a tradition Mae started when she moved in... she always said that everyone deserved a present on Christmas. Then, at night, she would dress up as Domino and go play with the kids at the orphanage." I said, not wanting to tear my gaze from the paused video. "Turns out that Mae actually gave a few toys to Jace before they even met."

"Guess they were always destined to meet."

"Guess so..."

"Quick question." Raquel called out and we turned to see her holding an IV bag. "When did Mae last had her Venom?"

"A month and a half ago..." I realized and frantically stood up. "She was supposed to have it a few days ago, but with all the chaos of the Team, we just didn't find the time!"

"Dick, calm-"

"She's gonna die without it!" I yelled.

"Dick!" Artemis yelled back as I threw the IV to a wall, inevitably breaking it. "No one go near it or you'll go insane!"