𝘍𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦

a/n: this is the exact episode everyone's thinking because i refuse to give these two a break yet.

but there's a small present at the end ;)

song chapter: Lost it All - Black Veil Brides

"Robin, I got no word on Batman!"

"Lantern and Manhunter are MIA too."

"This is bad... really bad." I whispered, not peering my eyes from the computer in front of me. "Cave to Batman, do you copy? B, do you copy!?"

Static.

"Dad!" I yelled and threw down the headset when I got no answer. "Dammit!"

"He's not answering?" Dick asked, removing his headset and I shook my head fighting back tears. "I'm sure he didn't hear his comms."

"He always answers. Robin, if he's gone-"

"Don't say that! He's not-"

"Oh my God!" Artemis yelled and we both turned to the screen just as Red Tornado was killed.

"We are Earth's Heroes now." Kaldur says strongly.

"So, what are we waiting for? A theme song?" Connor demands.

"Bats..." I whispered, not tearing my eyes from the screen where they were announcing the members that died or are reported missing.

But they didn't do anything bad? Why did they die if they didn't do anything bad?

"A strategy." Kaldur says as he turns to face us. "Earth's weapons are ineffective and it has been made tragically clear a direct attack will not succeed."

"Hey, get your head together, okay? We don't know for sure." Dick assured, reaching out to remove my mask and wipe any stray tears away. "You here with me?"

"I'm with you." I choked out and held onto one of his arms. "What now?"

"Checking satellite imagery." He called out, quickly tapping on his Hologlove. "Here's where the aliens are now."

"This one get lost?" Connor asks, gesturing to one near the North Pole.

"It's Superman's Fortress of Solitude." I realized after a moment.

"Superman has a Fortress of Solitude?"

"Its power source must have attracted the aliens' attention, at least enough to send a scout ship to investigate."

"We will target this lone ship." Kaldur decides.

"Yeah. Break it down. Build more. Hit those ugly aliens with their own mojo." Wally says strongly, punching his fist into his open hand to prove his point, but Artemis elbows him in the side. "Ow!"