𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘴

a/n: everyone thank Artemis for the wake up call and speaking her truth.

and i might be projecting a little too much in this chapter... i'm sorry.

and no, i'm not depicting Bruce as a bad father and i never will. he just has a very complicated relationship with Maeve and, honestly, I get it.

if you were raising the daughter of your worst enemy, would you be happy all the damn time knowing she can be exactly like him when she wants to and he can't help her control it because he doesn't know how? because i sure as hell wouldn't be.

he's trying his best, okay?

~Maeve's POV~

Recognized: Domino, B-001

"Batman! We need to-"

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!"

"We had a traitor!?" I exclaimed, trying to pull Connor away from Kaldur but he didn't budge.

"I sought to protect the Team from-"

"From what!? Knowledge that might've saved our lives?" Artemis spat back and pulled me away to stand next to Dick.

"M'gann almost died! Domino barely had a heartbeat and Robin had to resuscitate her!" Connor yelled and I widened my eyes.

"Hold up... Robin did what because I what!?" I asked and turned to Dick who was looking at everything and everyone but not at me. "I knew something happened!

"Enough." Bruce spoke and narrowed his eyes making all of us stand straight. "With Red Tornado... missing the Team will now be overseen by rotation supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift."

"I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys." He says simply, a small smile coming over his features.

Artemis, Wally and I shared a look of disbelief before turning our attention back to Bruce.

"Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us." He spoke and they all nodded, except me.

"The Leaders are keeping secrets from us... how ironic." I called out and Dick reached out to hold my hand tight, a signal for me to stand down.

"Domino..." Bruce warned and I tilted my head. "What are you on about?"

"Oh, you know... how you promised to burn the warehouse, but you didn't." I spat, throwing the metal pipe full of dried blood that I grabbed earlier today. "Guess what? Everything's still there... intact. Felt weird knowing it was my blood covering the floor and not someone else's."

"Domino-"

"I don't know what kind of game you have with him, but keep my past out of it, Batman. You promised."