𝘈 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘥𝘶𝘰

a/n: Dick slowly losing his shit and letting Maeve take control of everything will always be personal to me.

~Dick's POV~

~Dick's POV~

"You ready?"

"You ready?"

"No... but what choice do I have?" Maeve sighed, rubbing her temples. "I just want this over with. The autopsy took long enough as it is."

This has been the month from hell.

Jason's autopsy took longer than expected due to his injuries, Maeve and I decided to graduate early to not deal with everyone asking questions, I've been made Team Leader after Kaldur infiltrated the Light, Roy's missing again, Wally and Artemis officially resigned and Zatanna and Raquel have been asked to join the League.

Bruce has barely left the Cave this month. After Arkham, Gotham City has had their lowest crime rate in decades.

And we're talking nonexistent.

Not even petty robberies have happened this month. Everyone's scared of the Batman and Domino after Arkham.

Especially Maeve.

She's barely left the Manor and barely sleeps. I haven't touched my bed in a month because I'm scared to leave her alone because of her nightmares.

Not that mine are any better, but it helps to have her close to me.

"You look beautiful." I smiled softly and pulled her away from the mirror. "Did you eat something?"

"Alfred made my favorite pancakes... I ate while you were showering." Maeve shrugged, trying to not look at me, her eyes cold and distant.

"Where are you?" I whispered, tilting her chin up gently. "And don't say here, because you're not."

"How can you still look at me after what I've done in there?"

"Because you're home where you're safe. That's all that matters to me, Maeve."

"But I-"

"You did what you had to do to survive, to protect him. That's all I care about, Maeve."