𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬

~Six months later~

~Six months later~

~Maeve's POV~

"How's he doing?"

"Just secured the kids and got them out. How was-"

"Steph called and said Bruce and Katie resigned, which means they're no longer members of the Team." I sighed, pulling out a chair and propped my feet on Barbara's lap as she set the microphone between us. "Hey, bird boy! You'll never guess what just happened!"

Silence.

"Nightwing?"

"Nightwing?" Barbara asked and widened her eyes when he didn't answer. "DICK!?"

"Worried about me?" Dick asked, sounding smug and we both sighed in relief. "Going home, funny girl. You checked out the venue for the reception?"

"If she doesn't castrate you for scaring her, I certainly will if you didn't get me a sample of that tar!" Barbara yelled and he laughed.

"Way ahead of you, Oracle... Now, the venue?"

"It's nice, but I think we should check it out together. Steph and I have ideas on how to decorate if we decide to rent it." I smiled. "Still trying to pick out the maid of honor, though."

"This is crash! A solid lead to the source of the tar and hopefully Bedlam Central!" Barbara exclaimed and I glanced over at her computer.

"Spill."

"Tar contains a clay only found in one place. Markovia."

"Then Markovia, here we come."

"Got room for one more, bird boy?" I asked and winked at Barbara.

"You know I always need my partner to help me out, funny girl." Dick said and you could practically hear the smile in his voice. "I'll be home in four hours. Nightwing out."

"Finally, I can test out your new contacts! I've been working on them for a week!" Barbara grinned, pushing my legs off and wheeled to a separate desk. "You said you wanted to keep it natural, right?"

"I said creative freedom but keep in mind I'm at work most days."

"Emerald green contacts for a certain emerald green eyed lady." She said and handed me the contacts.

"I'll test them in Markovia." I chuckled and set them aside. "Can we go dress shopping when I get back from Markovia? I miss my girls."