𝘖𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯

~Maeve's POV~

~Maeve's POV~

Not being able to talk or even open your mouth sucks. Especially when we're interrogating someone and I'm forced to sit in the back with Zatanna because of my stitches.

"You seem annoyed." Zatanna whispered.

"I am." I wrote on the whiteboard. "Not opening my mouth and eating soup every day is annoying me."

"It'll be worth it once they remove the stitches and it'll be as close to normal as possible!"

"Normal doesn't exist in my life."

"Maybe this will get your hopes up." She smirked and crept behind Ivo. "Trulb tuo S'worrom eurt noitacol!"

"Morrow's in a secret underground base beneath Yellowstone National Park 100 meters South of Old Faithful." Ivo says rapidly. "What just happened!?"

"That helped, Domino?" Zatanna called out to me and I held out a thumbs up.

"Let me get this straight... you two met today and are already causing chaos!?" Wally yelled and we both nodded. "Oh, she's gonna fight Zatara to have her on the Team."

"Depends. Still too early to tell." I shrugged, jumping down from the table and opened the door. "Can we go now? I'm bored already."

"Aww, don't you want a swing?" Wally offered.

"Not in the mood and he hasn't done anything to me." I shook my head and gestured to the door again. "Can we just go, please?"

"She's not in the mood to hit someone? That's a first." Artemis chuckled and linked arms with me. "You sure you're okay?"

"No. But I don't want to talk about it." I wrote and shoved the whiteboard at her chest.

"Sassy... alright, let's go!"

。゚•┈୨🃏୧┈• 。゚

"Block out all external communications." Kaldur commands. "Soon, Canary and Zatara, Batman too I imagine, will know of our... visit with Professor Ivo. We haven't much time."

"Look," Dick chuckles, trying to lighten the conversation a little and passed me a bottle of water with a straw. "I'm trying to be nonchalant here... and there's liquid IV in it, so make sure to drink it all."

"Why?" Zatanna asks. "Be as chalant as you like."

"I think we're all just trying to get a handle on your powers." Artemis informs. "Could you teleport us to Tornado or Morrow to a cell or force his bots to surrender?"

"Or create peace on Earth for all time?" Zatanna returns. "Zatara couldn't even do all that and I'm nowhere near on my dad's level... I need to know a spell cold, or else have time to prep it. Plus, all magic requires energy which usually has to come from within. I can't just make the impossible happen at will."