𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴

a/n: low key hate making this disclaimer, but after the shit show that was Gotham War and how he treated the Batkids, especially Jason, I feel like I have to.

again, not depicting Bruce as a bad father. this is from the POV of a literal teenager who's traumatized and doesn't fully understand fatherly love.

raising teenagers is hard, but raising one who doesn't know how to handle emotions, is the walking definition of "traumatized", has severe daddy issues, and has problems recognizing authority is even harder.

Maeve and Bruce love each other to death, but they both have a hard time expressing it. Especially when they act exactly the same, no matter how much Maeve hates to admit it.

She's Bruce's daughter just as much as he's Maeve's father.

"Shift all your weight on your arms for stability, Jason

"Shift all your weight on your arms for stability, Jason... there you go!"

"Little bird's learning fast." Zatanna smirked, leaning on the doorway of the training room and I nodded. "Does Bruce-"

"Nope, and he's not gonna find out until I want him too. He may be a master detective, but I'm the Joker's daughter and I have more tricks than he'll ever know." I said, holding Jason's legs. "Okay, try walking."

"Why is this necessary?" He grumbled.

"You need agility and to be able to depend on your entire body, not just your arms. Acrobatics helps train your body to know when to shift its weight."

"You don't have magic powers like the rest of us, Jason. You need to train your body to take a hit and to brush it off." Zatanna added. "Same with learning to think on your feet. Don't go into the field with a solid plan, because those always change."

"How do I-" Jason started but was interrupted by Zatanna, swinging her leg and knocked him over, but I tightened my grip on his legs to keep him upright. "What the hell!?"

"You would've broken your neck if Maeve hadn't held your legs. Next time, jump just before I swing and you'll land on your feet. When I'm down, kick me in the back and you'll send me to the ground."

"Noted."

"Care to tell me why you're dangling Jason by his ankles?" Dick mused, walking inside with Wally and Kaldur.

"Bonding time." Jason and I answered in unison.

"By handing upside down?"

"Yes."

"Right... anyways, we think we found the source of the note."

"After weeks!? You people are too slow." I teased, helping Jason to his feet. "Take a break and I'll show you how to use a grappling hook when I get back."

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked and we all glanced at each other.

"You also need to learn how to be a detective... come with us." Dick waved him over and he smiled jumping onto my back. "Preferably without breaking my girlfriend in the process."