Chapter 34: Fake War

⚠️ Confusing plot ⚠️ 

The 'date' went surprisingly well! Though Isaac was still tense around Jack, he had fun as well!

We all made our way back to 'our' tent.

"Okay...hehe, I have something to tell y'all." Me and Isaac both turned our heads due to confusion.

After a minute of silence, Isaac have had enough and started the conversation again.

"Tell us what?? Can't leave us hanging like that, man." You nodded your head in agreement causing Jack to sigh in regret.

"I....The war is..it's all fa-" suddenly a loud bang echoed across the tents causing your heart to drop. It was so unexpected that you didn't even had time to verbally converse your concern.

"What was that..?" The clown shook his head in exasperation, and opened the conversation back up.

'this must be really important, huh?'

"The war is fake." Jack said more sternly. You and Isaac both looked unamused by his statement.

"Jack..what the fuck?" You couldn't help but be a bit harsh. He has tried killing Isaac, and even went out of his way to torture him, while he was also apparently planning on killing you as well...which he told you not long after he apologized.

"I'm serious!! He- Candy Pop..he wants to start some supposed war with someone or something we don't know??? Come on! He's suspicious I tell you..!"

"Jack you've been here for at least two years? Why did you stay if he's so suspicious??" Isaac was a bit frustrated at the clown, wondering why he would stay if he didn't even trust the guy who's basically in charge.

"Because! He wasn't suspicious with me..! With you two he's a total creep..he hates humans a lot...so I don't get why he would allow them to stay here......" So that was it he was scared of losing us all over again..I can't say I haven't had that fear as well once reuniting with Isaac..

"We'll be fine no worries Jack!" You tried to reassure him that you both would be fine, but despite those words he still tried to change both your minds.

"What about the war, huh!? What are you going to do? Gonna fight this THING there're talking about? You don't have magic y/n..you'll get yourself killed if you-" Before Jack could finish his sentence Isaac cut in.

"JACK!! Shut up! Y/n isn't the same child you knew. She Can and WILL be okay." Jack was stunned by the both of you. He knew he missed out on seeing most of your lives, but he truly didn't want to believe he was left out on both of your friendship. Jack thought the two of you were much closer than he was with any of you...this crushed him a lot.

"I'm sorry...I just..missed out I guess..."

"It's okay Jack, but you have to trust me..I won't get myself killed not before restoring all of our trust from before this shit happened...."

"Okay...I trust you."

———————————-==================—————————————

A yawn escaped your lips. You tiredly rubbed your eyes...everything felt normal....but wait...didn't you fall asleep on the floor?

You swiftly opened your eyes only to see you, Isaac, and Jack all cuddled up on the bed....oh...well this is awkward...

With acknowledging this you tried your damnedest to slip out from both of their grasp, but to no avail it didn't work. In fact it just seemed to slip you all closer..

The only thing you could do now was wait for everyone to wake up. It'd be awkward, but at least you would be free.

It took while but eventually Isaac started to stir. You were kinda hoping Jack would be the one to wake up first, but only because he could probably teleport you out of Isaac's grasp without any effort whatsoever.