Chapter 5: Punishments Are For Bad Children

After playing a bunch of games, and relaxing. The three friends decided to eat a snack, and hopefully figure out more games for them to do..

"Ughhhhh without games..there's no fun....!!" The clown grumbled, something Isaac guesses was from him..he didn't do this before...

"It'll be fine. We could play another game of chess-" Issac started only to be cut off by two annoyed voices.

"Noo~"

"NO!"

One sounded bored the other sounded mad. Great..

"Listen if we don't come up with something soon, you guys are gonna be in a bad mood the whole entire day. So just figure something out, and we'll work it out or something." Issac may only be ten but, he was extremely mature for his age. Always having to be the one in charge, and in control.

"Fineee~ What about tag?" The clown and boy shook their heads as fast as humanly possible. They were all too tired for that.

"Okay...what about hide and seek? We won't have to run after each other, but only find someone?" The girl and boy made a humming noise, while trying to figure out if it would work out.. it did.

"3....2.....1....ready or set here I come" Issac was sadly the seeker. He made sure he let them both know that he was pissed, that they took possession over a freaking game.

While Issac was counting, the other two chose to stay together to hide.

Hiding in the far corner of the pantry. Trying to stifle their giggles due to Isaac's stomping on the ground, while he begrudgingly made his way to find them both.

"Hehe this is sooooo fun!" The girl nodded to confirm she was also having a good time with them. That was until he spoke up once more

"I think..you and Issac would make a cute couple~" the way he said it in such a teasing matter made y/n blush furiously. Where'd this even come from...?

"We're just friends...Jack...I don't even think he likes me that much..."

The clown shook his head disappointingly

"Hmm I think your lying! Well I guess we'll never know!"

The girl shook her head. Wondering where Jack got all his energy from..though she also had too much energy.

A bright light shone through the coubers of the pantry. They made their way to leave the pantry, seeing as they got caught. Issac only scoffed at them both for being so stupid.

After saying good-bye y/n made her way back home. It was getting kinda late..and he didn't want her dead on the side of the road somewhere. He made sure that Laughing Jack walked her back, just in case shit hit the storm. Luckily Jack told him that there were no casualties whatsoever, and she made it back.

Once Jack was taking y/n back however. Isaacs mom came back home, but had heard news of her son skipping school.

"Issac!? GET DOWN HERE NOW!!!"

Damn it...

"Coming mother!" He hurriedly went down the stairs to see his mothers enraged face. She was furious it was obvious...

"I got an interesting call today from your teacher. He told me you skipped all your classes! What's that suppose to mean!!"

"Mom..I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry..it's my fault..I'll do better I promise."

Despite the promise however her fury did not leave.

Great. Another punishment...

"I guess it's time to find another ditch again..." dang it...and he thought he was gonna have a good nights rest....

Eventually his mother dragged him far into the woods where a large ditch lay beneath an dead, hollow tree. It kinda gave him the creeps...wait...creeps?

"Your going to stay in there far longer than 18 hours this time!!" Saying this she pushed the poor boy down the ditch. He struggled to get back on his feet, so he remained on the soil of the earth. "That'll teach you a lesson!!" Issac heard her footsteps slowly disappear..good.

"Kiddo..? Are you okay...?" Great...just what he wanted people to see his emotional side....no. He won't cry. Not here, now now.

"What! Can't you see I'm kinda busy here? Leave me alone.." despite his harsh tone, his voice decided to betray him at the end of his sentence when he said the last part.

"Hmm...I don't think you truly want to be alone...I'll leave only if you truly want me to..but until then I'm gonna try to cheer you up!" The clown showed no lies within his eyes. It gave Issac some comfort.

"......Thank you....and I'm sorry..." the clown gasped excitedly

"You apologized to me!! " the boy scoffed

"Yeah, well don't get used to it..." Isaac would have been squeezing his sleeves, if it wasn't for the fact that he couldn't move his arms. It gave him that sense of dread all over again. He panicked a bit, but remembered the clown..well here goes his whole 'I don't need help' act.

"Jack...could you help me sit up?" The clown nodded his his rapidly. Picking the poor boy up by his armpits. Issac groaned a bit due to the immense pain in his legs, and knees.

"Do ya' think you'll be okay? If it hurts too much I can teleport us back into your room, for it to get treated." The boy shook his head and sighed

"No..I have to stay here...I'm tied down to her. These punishments must be complete for me to be complete." The clown stared down at him solemnly. He didn't understand the boy, not one bit. He is his best friend though, and that's all he needs to know right now..

"Get some rest Issac. I'll keep watch for trespassers!" Issac giggled a bit before shaking his head, and laying down more comfortably. Still squeezing his sleeves.

"Hey Isaac...why do you do that with your sleeves?"

"It's...a comfort thing..sort of.." the clown tilted his head confused, wanting a further explanation. The boy shook his head, and continued.

"A comfort thing is like...well..when your anxious or scared, maybe sad. You have this thing that...comforts you..like relaxes, and calms you a bit..if that makes any sense." The clown nodded understandingly.

"It does makes sense! I guess I have a comfort thing too!"the boy tilted his head

"What's that?"

"Talking to you!"