Chapter 13: I Promise You

"What took you so long Isaac?" The clown question with a smirk. Last night Isaac tried sneaking out of the house, only for Laughing Jack to catch him in the act. He scolded him a bit about how dangerous that was, and how he could have gotten hurt, but Isaac remained unfazed, and begged to go see y/n again. Laughing Jack decided that maybe it might be best for both of them if they saw each other one more time. Maybe it would ease y/n as well...

"Dude..Stop with that face, I'm a bad influence." The clown laughed to this.

"No, but seriously, are you okay..?" The clown questioned with a frown.

"Haha..yeah...of course I am. Why wouldn't I..?" Despite the clown's concern, the teenage boy had all ready formed a plan. He would have to ensure this plan works....'I'm so sorry Jack...'

".........okay if you say so." Laughing Jack looked skeptical about the whole ordeal, but didn't question it any further out of respect for Isaac.

"Okay..tomorrow is THE day......I'm so scared....." even though the teenager mumbled out the last bit of his sentence, the clown still heard.

"It's okay Isaac..just think about all the fun we can have there!!" The teenager only winced. How was he supposed to tell him....tell him about his plan..to leave him behind..

"Jack...you can't come.."

"Well of course I can!! I won't even be seen by the adults or any of the other kiddos! You worry way too much!!!"

"No....it's MY punishment...I must complete it to-"

"Feel complete. I know...you shouldn't have to though.....this isn't YOUR fault..."

"I understand....but I HAVE to...." The clown only sighed, giving in to the stubborn teen. He knew his words would have no effect on him.

"Goodnight Isaac...you have a big day tomorrow..."

And just like that.....

The lights were out.....

"Do you trust me...?" The man with the white, beak looking mask shook his head.

"Not after.....not after what I did to you..! I left you..you- you want revenge now....!!" The man looked shaken up, tears running down his face. His breathing was furrowed, and felt forced.

"No...I all ready got revenge on you, and I regret it Isaac....! Just trust me! Y/n is waiting for us....!!"

What a strange dream he had....

The next morning arrived..though it felt like weeks. The tension that was cutting through Isaac felt like a knife. He had many troubles with sleeping in the past, though this time it felt different...almost like he was feeling guilty about everything that has happened..........it WAS his fault after all....at least that's what he thinks.

Isaac stared at the wall, until a familiar pair of footsteps were heard coming up to his door.

"Isaac get your stuff ready now.." His mother looked pissed. Damn she was scary sometimes....

He got his bags and turned around, only to be met with an even familiar pair of eyes.

"I guess this is goodbye for now...I'll be waiting for you buddy." The teenage boy cringed upon hearing those damn words. So many people left him...he couldn't trust people no more, not even his best friend....

"You won't...." The rainbow clown heard his voice mumble something, but couldn't quite hear what he said.

"Huh?"

"You won't wait for me...! People always leave me Jack...why would you or y/n be any different....!!" The clown sighed

"Oh Isaac....you should have said something earlier...that's what I'm here for...to comfort you..well, I'm here to BE THERE for you to..." The teenager shook his head, and stifled his laugh.

"I know...I don't like talking about serious things though...."

"ISAAC GET DOWN HERE NOW!!!!!!!" That lady is gonna lose her vocal cords one day...

"I gotta go....bye Jack..." The clown didn't know what to do. His friend was still distressed....then..it hit him....

"Wait...! What if...I stayed in my box until you got back..." The teenager looked shocked.

"You don't have to...that can't be fun to be in there..." The clown laughed

"Oh, how considerate..! I'll be fine! Besides....I'll be fine. As long as YOU come back..."

"Of course I'll come back. I PROMISE you."

And just like that.....our story truly begins.....

Kinda...we still get to see him at the boarding school so....