Chapter 6: Let's Play A Game Of Hide And Seek

After awhile Isaac was finally able to get some rest. Due to his mother's outburst last night, he doubts he'll be out of this ditch for awhile...

Luckily Laughing Jack stayed to keep watch for trespassers like he said he would. Issac was lucky to be able to have him as a friend...wait...is that really what he thinks of Jack? 'He's not my friend!!' The boy would repeatedly say in his head. So many people claimed to be his 'friend' no one stayed however...

He has a chance at friendship! With y/n and Jack...if only he could push his insecurities and doubt to keep that friendship....

Laughing Jack was happy to finally talk to Issac. In fact the moment he woke up, he questioned the tired boy, to have a better understanding of his friend.

Issac simply just ignored him. He was too tired to care right now.

That was until he heard a bunch of shuffling in the woods...okay that's totally not weird...

"Jack..do you hear that?" A yawn escaped the boy after he shuffled up on top of the log that happened to be in the ditch. He checked over the top of the ditch as best he could. Wondering where the strange shuffling came from

"No. I don't think I didn't...could you have perhaps mistaken the shuffling with the wind?" The boy nodded his head. He must have been really tired to not hear the camera that was towering above him. Recording his every action...

"Issac....come here for a sec." the boy was puzzled by the clowns concerned, and panicked gaze. Wondering what could be wrong. He saw the clown looking up, but right when he was gonna check, the clown continued.

"Now. Please..." the clown was obviously desperate to get the boy over there, so he complied. After getting to the clown, he was immediately pulled into his embrace. The boy tensed up, not expecting the physical contact.

"Jack...what's wrong..?" The clown shook his head, telling him he shouldn't push farther...that was until he looked where the clown was looking.....it's a freakin camera.....

But.....wait......what's a camera..?

'Why do i know that...?'

He quickly forgot what he was thinking about.

"Jack...what's that in his hand..?"

"It's called a camera...it can take pictures or record things..."

Oh

"That sounds harmless.."

"It's not suppose to be here...in this timeline..."

"Timeline!?"

"Shh, wait until he disappears..." the boy nodded his head.. not grasping the full story. He didn't understand what was going on, wether he was in danger or not was completely undecided.

They stood there looking at the camera for awhile. Luckily Issac had a freeze reflex..wow. Never thought I'd say that..

After awhile the red dot disappeared, and so did the camera. Whoever placed it down to record, simply took it away like it wasn't a futuristic object.

"Jack what was that...?"

"It's nothing don't worry friend! I'll make sure your okay...I promise.." Jack hugged Issac even tighter than before. Worried for his best friend he decided enough was enough, and teleported them back to his room.

"Jack..you know I'm not supposed to be here..."

"Your legs are hurt..your mother will just have to let it go."

The boy huffed, and turned his face away from his best friend.

"I'm sorry kiddo..but I think your going to make me have anger issues" the clown laughed at the end of his sentence, making Issac stiffle a laugh as well.