Chapter Fifty-Six

Draft
_____

"Our Great and Almighty Star God... I am here to pray to you..."

A vague and strange voice came slowly from the other side of the ventilation window.

It's obviously just a voice, but because of the strange accent, it sounds like there's something malicious and sticky about it.

Alyssa huddled motionless in the ventilation duct.

She felt her strength being lost along with her body heat... She wanted to contact Bryce, but right now the man was already too close, so close that Alyssa would be discovered by him if she made even the slightest of moves.

So she can only stay where she was, fearful of the rustling movements outside.

I'm so fucking stupid—

Alyssa cursed herself in her heart. It wasn't Alyssa's original intentions for things to turn out the way they did, but...

She had indeed gotten herself into an extremely dangerous situation.

Two hours ago——

Alyssa found Robert's office, which is also where the emergency team is based.

Although she already had the answer, the secret revealed by the deputy was too shocking. Still, Alyssa needed to confirm the authenticity of the data in her hands.

And if she wanted to do this, there's no way around Robert.

In Alyssa's plan, she could find an excuse to fool around. After all, it was just an assessment record. If Robert and others weren't involved in the disappearance of the crew, she could even consider cooperating with these bastards and respond to the immediate crisis.

And if Robert and others also have problems...

At least Alyssa would be able to know early.

However, Alyssa didn't know at that time that this would be her first mistake.

When Alyssa approached the office door, she heard a faint noise.

It must've been extremely loud to manage to penetrate the metal hatch and reach outside.

But even standing at the door, Alyssa could only hear some vague things.

"Offering to the great... God..."

She had to admit that the few words she captured made her lose her cool.

She should've realized at that time that it was getting out of control, but she was too eager to know the truth.

Alyssa called Robert and asked to enter the office.

She originally thought she'd be waiting outside for a while, but the door was opened after a short time.

A strong scent of incense came out from the crack of the door. Robert stood by the door wearing an awkward robe and stared at Alyssa.

It was like he had known Alyssa's arrival early, and had been waiting for her by the door.

Alyssa admitted that she was shocked, and the thought instantly gave her goosebumps.

"Alyssa, you're here," Robert grinned at Alyssa under the shadow of his robe and hood, "What's the matter?"

He asked, with a mysterious mocking tone.

Alyssa looked past him inside...

For a moment she was almost rendered speechless from the questions that arose.