Chapter Fourteen

Draft
_____

The Sunu people were different from humans in many ways (although they're also similar to humans, in the context of aliens— so far, many people on Earth still believe that they immigrated before the extinction of the dinosaurs, Descendants of the Atlanteans), they are more sensitive than humans in auditory and olfactory, but their vision's a little more degraded...

Lin Xi knew a lot of small trivia about the Sunu people, but he didn't plan to continue discussing the topic with Shizuo Ando, after all, he wasn't a Sunu lover like Ando.

"Ah, of course, I can understand. After all, Liz is in a special period now."

He interrupted Ando.

But the next second he began to regret a little because Ando was sitting there, his hands and feet bound, a thin layer of cold sweat could be faintly seen on his forehead. He looked very stiff, Lin Xi could tell that Shizuo Ando was the kind of person who'd never ask others for help.

And he felt a little soft-hearted towards this kind of person. Especially thinking of the scene yesterday when Ando opened his mouth to rescue him, Lin Xi's direction became clear. Obviously, the idea of ​​finding someone else to take care of the Star Butterfly had probably been circling in Ando's mind for a long time.

And Lin Xi, who's also a researcher, seemed to be the most suitable candidate.

"I don't mind."

Lin Xi scratched the back of his head and whispered.

Although he doesn't like bugs very much, but...

In Bryce's medical room, he saw Liz's situation with his own eyes, and he naturally knew that Ando only made this choice out of necessity.

"... It's just that Captain Talan might be a little troublesome." Lin Xi shrugged at Ando, ​​"You know, he's always had it out for me. I don't think he'll agree with me taking care of the Star Butterfly's... "

Ando scratched the back of his hand uneasily: "It's fine, we don't have to tell him right now, this isn't a formal handover— once Liz's condition improves, I'll get the egg case back to my laboratory as soon as possible."

Maybe even Ando himself didn't notice that even while he was trying to persuade Lin Xi to take care of the Star Butterfly's egg case in his stead, he still had an unconcealable desire to monopolize it, he still subconsciously tried to retain control of the Star Butterfly's egg case.

Lin Xi frowned.

"Since you say so..."

Lin Xi could certainly perceive the hidden risks in this kind of behaviour - most of which fell on Ando. To be honest, this method has no benefit except to avoid trouble from Taran.

However, just when he was about to continue talking, he raised his head and saw Ando's face. It was a tired and haggard face- Ando wasn't as calm as he seemed in the clinic yesterday, he didn't completely ignore Liz's strangeness, he just covered up the pain and worries very well.

"Alright, I'll take care of those bug eggs, although I don't have much experience in this area."

Lin Xi changed his mind.

With Lin Xi's promise, Ando soon brought the egg case of the Star Butterfly to Lin Xi's room.

At that time, Lin Xi hadn't even woken up yet.

Lin Xi rubbed his eyes and opened the hatch to let Shizuo Ando enter his room.

The man's hands tightly held the egg case, like it was some kind of rare treasure.