Chapter Two | God's Arrival

Draft
____

...

"Lin... Lin... wake up... Lin!"

"Ugh..."

"Lin Xi!"

Lin Xi finally broke free from the dark and heavy sleep. He opened his eyes, everything was blurred, but he could still see through the double visions and the constant humming in his brain, he could still see that the man next to him in the sleeping cabin was in a particularly bad situation at this time.

"Bryce?"

Lin Xi asked mumblingly.

It wasn't until he opened his mouth that he realized that besides his brain, his throat was also hoarse like it had just been rubbed with sandpaper. With the vibration of his vocal cords, Lin Xi's throat burst into a liquid that tasted like rust.

The underside of his nose was sticky and wet.

Lin Xi wiped his nose and was not surprised to see bright red blood on his fingers.

To make matters worse, when Lin Xi tried to recall what happened, there was only a blank in his mind.

No, maybe it's not really blank.

Lin Xi still remembered countless noisy beeps and warnings, all finally converging into a roar, and then... shock...

All compassing pain.

"Damn it... what happened... what..."

In addition to the pain, there was also an indescribable feeling of nausea and dizziness, discomfort dragged back from the realm of dreams.

The edge of the broken sleeping cabin cut his palm, but the numbness of his body made it difficult for him to even feel the tingling pain.

"Take it easy, buddy," Bryce noticed Lin Xi's movements, he stretched out a hand and shook it in front of Lin Xi, "... There was a problem with the jump, remember?"

With the help of Bryce, Lin Xi climbed out of the sleeping cabin.

His body was limp and weak, no matter how turbulent it was, he was lying in the sleeping cabin when it happened, the sequela of the violent interruption from cryogenic sleep dragged him like an invisible whip.

"Sith hasn't given us any orders. The only thing we know now is that Helios didn't jump where we wanted it to."

Bryce whispered in Lin Xi's ear, and the latter could only weakly lean against the obviously damaged sleeping cabin, half-sitting on the floor.

Bryce's voice almost sounded like an echo.

Lin Xi looked around him. The pale green emergency lights shrouded the cabin ominously, the metal floor and walls evidenced the oldness of this spaceship's facilities. There were ten sleeping cabins placed side by side in the cabin, and now those transparent shells have either been opened or broken.

There were bloodstains next to several cabins.

The ventilation system had failed, the air was filled with the unpleasant smell of something burnt, and the anti-shock gel congealed on the ground, making an unpleasant yellow-brown color.

The beeping siren made Lin Xi's headache and nausea worse.

Warning- coordinates- coordinate failure- transition process terminated- warning- could not be terminated-

He was in a trance, and there seemed to be a series of persistently indifferent mechanical sounds digging into his ears.

"Hmm..."