Chapter Sixteen

Draft
_____

"No... no problem, probably..."

Bryce replied, his voice quickly returned to normal, and his extra solemn attitude before seemed to be just Lin Xi's misreading.

"Judging from the physiological data, I shouldn't prescribe you any calming gel sticks anymore," Bryce said, but under Lin Xi's disbelieving eyes, he still took a step back, "However, your eye bags are a point of concern, three low-dose calming gel sticks are my bottom line, and you need to promise me to stop taking them as soon as your sleep quality gets better—"

"Yeah, I'll yeah— I promise, I won't mess around! It's just for sleep aid!"

Lin Xi raised his hands towards Bryce and solemnly promised.

Although Lin Xi felt a little disappointed that he didn't get the enhanced calming gel stick he wanted, it's still better than nothing—Lin Xi wasn't the kind of person who gets too greedy.

He watched with glee as Bryce took out the rationed gel sticks and put them on his hand, he then looked at his personal terminal and pretended to be embarrassed.

"Ah, darn it, the monitoring system reported that another water gall orchid got infected by the bugs in the laboratory."

Lin Xi whispered exaggeratedly.

"I wanted to have lunch with you, but now it looks like I need to deal with that water gall orchid first. Alas, those damned bugs are going to drive me mad..."

Lin Xi said while stuffing the gel sticks into his pocket, he then quickly walked towards the door.

Bryce watched Lin Xi's exaggerated performance helplessly but didn't expose his adopted brother.

"Remember to tell Professor Ando to take that egg case back. Your cabin is for resting and sleeping, not for raising bugs!"

However, he still couldn't help but follow Lin Xi and harped about the egg case, repeatedly stating his point many times.

Lin Xi listened with a smile but didn't really take those words to heart.

Shizuo Ando seems to be busy taking care of Liz, whose condition was only getting worse and worse during this time (otherwise, seeing such an obviously active egg case, he'd probably find a way to make a bed next to Lin Xi's, and then spend 24 hours a day observing his beloved cutie).

Occasionally, Lin Xi passed Ando by in the corridor of the laboratory, and the latter barely even noticed his existence. The baby-faced man who always smiled now looked more like a miserable mummy. No matter what, it was impossible for Lin Xi to follow Bryce's request, and return the egg case of Star Butterfly to the hapless man.

As for Bryce's nagging, alas... Lin Xi had to admit that Bryce really just wanted what was good for him, but the nagging was really annoying. If not, he wouldn't have made it to avoid lunch with Bryce.

"Lin Xi—"

Just as Lin Xi was quickly leaving the clinic and about to turn a corner at the end of the corridor, Bryce suddenly stopped him again.

"What's the matter? Is there anything else? For example, you suddenly had a breakthrough and are now willing to give me some more calming gel sticks?"

Lin Xi took a deep breath, then turned around, squeezing out a smile at Bryce.

His elder brother was standing at the door of the clinic and staring at him. That strange expression appeared on his face again, and this time Lin Xi was sure that it wasn't his illusion.