Chapter Thirty-Nine | Parallel World Extra

Parallel World

If he could turn back time, Lin Xi would probably grab Bryce by the neck, and growl at him to throw that handmade Sunu pendant he brought back down the shitter.

After Bryce returned from a two-year expedition to Sunu, the only gift he brought him was an ordinary-looking pendant, it was said to be from the only remaining temple in Sunu and something bought online.

It was a snow-white bone bead, with vague Sunu characters engraved on it.

Judging from the knife skills, this thing should be an antique of some years, but the too smooth and bleached surface revealed that it was just another modern counterfeit.

"You know, I've never liked Sunu stuff, but I thought you might've wanted a little souvenir."

Bryce said this while giving the pendant to Lin Xi with a frown. Compared with his colleagues who had brought Sunu specialties to Earth in large and small bags, his resistance to Sunu stuff had indeed reached an almost exaggerated level.

But no matter what he did buy this  small gift for Lin Xi, Lin Xi accepted it without hesitation.

Even then, Lin Xi was a bit dumbfounded with Bryce's "Sunu allergy."

The result……

Look at his current situation.

Lin Xi was trapped in a rickety car with a group of pale-faced aliens with incredibly long limbs. Pulling the car in front of them were two huge beetle-like things. As for the aliens around him, there was no doubt that they're Sunu.

In fact, Lin Xi himself is now a Sunu man.

He lowered his head and looked at his slender hands. That incredible, unreal feeling like he was sleepwalking still lingered with him.

In his memory, on his last night as a human being on Earth, after drinking a small glass of wine he fell comfortably on his bed and asleep. He casually threw the pendant in a drawer of his bedside table— He had no doubt that it was probably that thing that put him in this strange situation: he woke up from his sleep and found himself in a strange environment.

And also, he became... a Sunu man.

He has the identity of a Sunu person (and surprisingly, he's also called "Lin" here) and can understand the Sunu language, but his status seems to be very low... and the world he's in now doesn't seem to be the Sunu world that Lin Xi knew.

This place was too primitive and too backwards.

Lin Xi suspected that he might've traveled back to the Sunu ancient times.

And before he could figure out the situation (well, in the first few days, he thought that he had some mental problem or that he was simply dreaming), he was suddenly picked up from the dirty and dark stone homes. Soldiers wearing strange armors, and a group of deformed people who were supposed to be monks were driven out of the building. He and some other people were taken to the Beetle vehicle they were travelling in now.

Then the long trek began.

Lin Xi nervously observed his companions trying to figure out what was going on. They all seemed about the same size as him. Apart from the color of their skin and the slenderness of their limbs, if you look long enough, they didn't look that different from Earth's humans. But from beginning to end, these Sunu teenagers sitting in the same car with him just cried loudly, like they were about to face something extremely terrible.

With this happening, Lin Xi's confusion turned into calmness.

A monk in charge of patrolling the vehicle observed him for a long time and approvingly gave him some extra food and water.