Chapter Four

Draft
____

Of course, there's no way that statue would come to life.

After confronting that thing for more than ten seconds, Lin Xi fought a cold war and then woke up— prolonged darkness and silence will cause various psychological problems, stress, tension, fear, and others.

And Lin Xi felt that it was undoubtedly because of this that he was frightened silly by an inexplicable fossil sculpture.

"Who would've thought that I'd miss your nagging now, Bryce."

Lin Xi secretly rejoiced in his heart, only he would know about his moment of weakness now.

The daring Lin Xi feels jumpy and scared because of a silent fossil sculpture?

If a few hours ago, someone told Lin Xi that, Lin Xi would definitely think that that person had been affected by space radiation.

Lin Xi collected himself, then glanced over at the sculpture, he then began to go around the warehouse, continuing to inspect the miserable scene of cargo damage.

It's a relief that the sculpture was the most problematic one. The plants and other small animals found in Sunu, the cultural relics of the Sunu royal family, and a large amount of precious metals were all still intact in their containers.

"Wow, dude, looks like those damn alloys targeted you."

After inspecting all the goods, Lin Xi forced himself to ignore the faint resistance in his heart, returning to the fossil sculpture.

He needed to check the condition of this thing more carefully, after all, it was the only thing that slipped out of storage in the whole warehouse.

Moreover, it's also the most valuable of these batches of "goods".

The surface of the fossil sculpture was intact, but the insulating gel that coated it was drying.

And in those parts, the surface colour of the fossils began to gradually darken and oxidize, the degree wasn't too serious, but those spots were hard to ignore.

"I'll bet you that if that fellow Talan sees you now, he'll probably have a nervous breakdown on the spot."

Lin Xi manipulated the mecha hand clumsily, wiping some isolation gel left over from the ground on the fossil, muttering softly to the weird chrysalis in sight.

The touch of the fossil was transmitted to Lin Xi's fingertips through the mecha's sensory system, that weird feeling was somewhat indescribable.

Completely different from the softness perceived visually, this Sunu fossil felt hard and a little rough, like there were many invisible scales or bumps on its surface, the isolation gels also brought it some subtle stickiness and slipperiness...

"That bastard Taran should really feel this thing sometimes..."

It was so quiet in the warehouse, that Lin Xi almost subconsciously started talking to himself to relieve the overwhelming stagnation and silence.

But even so, as soon as he stopped speaking, the silence swept again.

Lin Xi could even hear the sound of his blood flowing through his veins. That kind of gurgling sound could easily make people nervous in this environment because it really sounds like something's wriggling inside his body.

Oh shit, squirming.

A strange picture appeared in his mind.

It was a wriggling, indistinct lump of flesh.