Chapter Thirty-Two

Lin Xi woke up in cold sweat.

He sat up and looked at his surroundings.

The lights were turned off, only a night light at the bottom of the wall was still on, the room was dark and gloomy.

The scene in front of him almost overlapped with Lin Xi's nightmare, making Lin Xi panic for a brief moment.

But he soon discovered that this was actually just because the lights had been dimmed at night (at least according to the internal schedule of the spacecraft).

The sound of breathing came from beside Lin Xi. He saw Bryce on an unfolded temporary care bed, he was sleeping deeply. His face still looked bad under the dim light of the night light, with a kind of fatigue released only after the spirit fully relaxes.

He wasn't surprised at all finding himself inside the familiar clinic. Not far from Bryce was a treatment cabin with people lying inside. Lin Xi took a look and found that one of them was the mercenary Sam.

Everything looked so peaceful, but Lin Xi sat on the bed and didn't make any sound.

The scenes of his nightmare were quickly fading away after he woke up, but the feeling of panic remained and...

And something's in this room.

Lin Xi thought irrationally.

The feeling was so weird and strong— something followed him from nightmare to reality.

It's lurking in a corner, staring at him quietly.

Lin Xi slowly laid back on the bed. He closed his eyes and pretended that he hadn't discovered anything.

But that gaze became more intense then.

He didn't know what happened, but he knew he couldn't act rashly now, otherwise...

Otherwise……

Immersed in his deep fear, Lin Xi fell asleep again without knowing it.

When Lin Xi woke up, both the nightmare and the sense of voyeurism he felt had faded.

A terrible headache visited him, the two people lying in the treatment cabins not far from him made him feel extremely annoyed.

Bryce wasn't in the room— Lin Xi could imagine that his brother was probably dealing with the diplomatic side of the matter.

He left a text on Lin Xi's terminal, recording his physiological records from last night. The red numbers on it proved the existence of that illusory nightmare, but Lin Xi only took a few glances to read it before the terminal was thrown aside.

Not long after, Alyssa walked in.

"How are you feeling?"

Alyssa asked. She looked very tired, even when she was smiling, the corners of her mouth were still drooped. There were already several fine lines on her originally beautiful face, enough to show how hard Alyssa had been frowning these days.

"What Bryce sent said that there's something wrong with my heart rate last night, but that's an old problem of mine."

Lin Xi shrugged and replied.

He didn't notice that when he said "old problem," Alyssa's eyes quickly flashed with worry as she looked at him.

"Given problems people on board are having now, I think I can still be classified in the very healthy category."

Lin Xi deliberately pretended to be relaxed and chatted with Alyssa.

"That'd be great, because Bryce and I were horrified when we saw the scene."