Chapter Twenty-Six

"No. 1" wasn't aware of the collapse of the nest at first.

After all, it had just came to this world not too long ago, and the special "dance" it was doing now was actually a bit more complicated than the previous one.

Therefore, it unknowingly stretched out its overly large wings and turned around in the tank. Only after a while did it discover that it's exquisite nest in it's carefully calculated position was now gone.

"No. 1" even searched for a while on the branch of the fragrant tree, and then belatedly discovered the mistake he had made— this was a heavy blow to an insect that had just hatched.

Lin Xi could easily say this because "No. 1"'s various reactions were obvious — it retracted its wings behind its back and even its tentacles drooped.

"No. 1" stood blankly next to it's deformed nest for several seconds, like a display specimen.

Although it's impossible for a bug to have an expression. But Lin Xi felt like he had just seen shock and disbelief flash through those little red eyes.

"Pft......"

Lin Xi had to cover his mouth with his hand to prevent himself from laughing out loud.

He shouldn't have laughed, after all it wasn't "No. 1's" fault.

If it hadn't been for an accident, this rare and precious creature would've been carefully cared and groomed for every hour of everyday, instead of being hastily placed in a living cabin already stuffed full of plants, and inside a generic culture tank ike it had been now.

Of course Lin Xi knew this rationally, but...

God, after what the star butterfly did just now it was really hard holding back the urge to laugh.

Considering it's IQ, Lin Xi didn't want to irritate "No. 1" (you know, this is a little bug that could get him into trouble). He tried hard to hold back his smile, but it's perception was so sensitive that it still heard Lin Xi's accidental wheeze .

"No. 1" immediately turned its head, it stared directly at Lin Xi's direction. The originally brightly colored spots on its wings became a little dim, the tentacles above its head were trembling uneasily.

Its appearance... how should he put it, it looked a little pitiful.

Lin Xi stared at "No. 1" and felt like his heart was melting at this moment.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have laughed. It wasn't your fault," Lin Xi quickly explained to the little bug, "... I promise, I'll solve this problem. I've prepared a bigger tank for you, I'll put a trough in my greenhouse, and then it'll be no issue no matter how big you want to make your nest."

Lin Xi wasn't sure whether a newly hatched star butterfly like "No. 1" could really understand his words, but what he was certain was that it should be able to feel the tenderness from his voice. With his comfort , "No. 1" seemed to have finally regained a little energy.

Then it became busy again.

As Lin Xi watched, the little bug clumsily pushed fallen nest to the side with its slender forelimbs. Then it leaned down and dumped the small stones and leaves at the bottom of the tank. The metal accessories were also gathered up in one go.

While doing these, it kept looking around cautiously, like Lin Xi would snatch away its treasure at any time...

Ah, no.

It wasn't Lin Xi that "No. 1" was wary of.

Lin Xi soon discovered that "No. 1" had been avoiding the egg case from which it was born.