Chapter Thirty-Seven

Lying on the bed, Shizuo Ando's mouth wss slightly open, his face grayer than before. If Lin Xi hadn't just confirmed his pulse, he would've mistaken him for a corpse- his soul already departed from its shell. Lin Xi couldn't say the reason, but that's how he felt.

Lin Xi looked away from his face. He didn't know why he felt so sad.

With this casual glance, Lin Xi's eyes spotted some scratches on the metal wall near the small bed.

His eyes flashed, he subconsciously stepped forward to observe.

Those scratches seemed like a bunch of meaningless lines with some blackened blood stains on the surface, markings left by mental patients scratching randomly at the wall during an attack- but Lin Xi felt like clues could be gleamed from it.

Lin Xi felt that... those scratches were actually overlapping words.

It looked like Dr Ando was trying to leave a few words, but his wrists were shackled in a too narrow position, so the letters could only overlap.

Lin Xi looked at Dr Ando's fingers. He wondered why he hadn't noticed this before- Dr Ando's fingers were scarred, almost all his nails had fallen off.

Lin Xi narrowed his eyes, he carefully distinguished the shallow scratches.

watch out for taran

These were the first words he recognized, but these words were enough to make his heart accelerate.

something in the food...

What's in the food?

Lin Xi racked his brains and stared at the wall. In the distance, he could hear the rumble or clamour coming from the other end of the corridor. The medical staff were well on their way.

Cold sweat broke out on Lin Xi's back. He knew very well that once the medical technician arrived, he may never have the chance to study these clues again- especially since these clues also involve Captain Taran.

At this moment, Lin Xi realized his stupidity. He cursed himself in his head, and he looked towards the other hand.

Sure enough, he also saw some scratches on the bed, but those scratches were more scattered than those on the other side.

john

immolate

star... God...

...

Although only a few words were distinguished, the meaning of those words combined was enough to frightened someone.

In this short moment, many things that were completely unrelated suddenly became connected.

Lin Xi looked at Shizuo Ando in shock, who had completely lost all movement. He even reached out subconsciously and shook his shoulders.

"Dr. Ando- Dr. Ando-wake up! I need to ask you-"

Right now even Shizuo Ando's absurd statement claiming to be the captain of the famous spaceship three hundred years ago became less important.

"Ahem..."

Lin Xi heard someone coughing behind him.

He turned back and looked at the mercenary at the door. The latter was standing still, looking pale and stiff, but judging from his eyes, he seemed to be gradually regaining his vitality. The mercenary was now staring at Lin Xi intently, with strangely burning eyes. The coughing sound just now seemed to be caused by him accidentally- but soon, the medical technicians who appeared behind the mercenary proved that it wasn't accidental, but a deliberate reminder.