Chapter One

Draft
____

Hiss— hiss.

Da, da- hiss.

Hiss.

Hiss.

Red eyes.

Da, da, da- hiss.

Da, da, da- hiss.

A black... blade... or something...

Mmmm, hiss- hiss- da, da, da-

Da- hiss.

Gray, wriggling skin.

Teeth.

Fine, dense teeth spread throughout the body.

Hiss- hiss- hiss.

A huge, dark silhouette...

Lin Xi stared at the terrifying thing as it emerged from the shadows bit by bit.

The smell of blood became thicker, the corpse was crushed by that "thing", bones wrapped in skin and flesh, and the breaking sounded silent and small.

...

He heard a very sharp sound, which was almost certainly far beyond an audible frequency for human ears, but strangely, Lin Xi heard it very clearly.

He could even comprehend the meaning of those changing sounds that sounded more terrifying than screams and howls.

After the sound, came the smell. The fishy, sweet smell slowly enveloped him like some sort of grainy liquid.

Lin Xi could feel the sharp, inorganic limbs slowly caressing his skin.

He wanted to dodge, but he couldn't move at all.

The monster's carapace began to glow.

The voice became sharper, red eyes flashed, and those terrifying, extraordinarily complicated mouthparts suddenly opened, revealing sickle-like teeth.

Don't come.

Lin Xi wanted to scream at the monster.

But He was getting closer and closer.

...

He gave up the mass of sound-generating organs behind his wings and switched to a newly developed organ that he wasn't familiar with at all.

The human throat.

The thing that he had just pulled out from the corpse, swallowed, and roughly combined with his body.

All good.

He can make sounds.

The red eyes stared at him in unison.

But this time, in the reflection of those compound eyes, Lin Xi saw his extremely pale face... and...

His current appearance.

Mother... Mother...

Lin Xi heard His calls.

...

... ...