Chapter Forty-Three | Parallel World Extra 2

"Ugh……"

Lin Xi, who was already far away from the temple, suddenly broke into cold sweat.

He didn't know if it was his imagination, but he seem to hear a terrifying scream coming from the direction they left.

But when he turned and looked around, all he saw was towering eaves and dark shadows of the temples rising one after another.

"Don't be afraid."

Lin Xi's actions seemed to have been misunderstood by the people around him, he heard someone whisper something to him.

It was a young waiter who looked only a few years older than Lin Xi (Thank God, after inexplicably traveling to this ancient Sunu society, Lin Xi finally learned to differentiate the Sunu).

At this moment, he was hunched over, putting on new clothes for others who've just climbed out of the cold pool.

Well, it's more accurate to call it as a sack bag.

There were no patterns. It was rolled up from the waist and dropped from the shoulders, fixed by a wooden button.

Most of Lin Xi's chest and arms were exposed, the feeling of emptiness and cold under the cloth robe was very uncomfortable. He curled up unnaturally, his whole body was still a little slow.

If this was a nightmare, why hasn't he woken up?

Lin Xi thought painfully in his heart.

"It doesn't matter……"

The waiter obviously misunderstood Lin Xi again. He raised his head slightly and looked at Lin Xi with pity.

"Our Lord the Star God has always been kind. He's always very clear when it comes to divine marriage. He will not... not wait too long..."

He lowered his voice and spoke quickly.

Wait too long?

Lin Xi looked at him blankly, still confused.

The waiter stared at Lin Xi for a while, showing a slightly envious expression.

"And you're very beautiful. According to records, the Star God prefers this skin and eye color—" The young waiter's voice was almost a whisper at first, but it gradually became gentle and high-pitched, "...After a long conversation in the overlapping time and space, in the ancient past, long black hair and black eyes of the Mother of All Insects, the eternal love of the Star God. That great and noble Mother of All Insects, who gave life to chaos, the Mother of All Insects has given the Star God soul and love. No matter how much time passes, no matter how much time and space is broken, the Star God will eventually find his bride. The Star God will eventually give everything he has for..."

Lin Xi stood there confused, he couldn't figure out why this kind-hearted waiter beside him suddenly started singing loudly after talking.

"Actually, I want to know, what's a divine marriage...?"

At any rate, the boy besides him was by far the kindest to him of all of them.

He asked tentatively in an attempt to understand his current situation, but in the end didn't get the answer he wanted.

Because at the same time he asked that question, he saw the pity and sympathy in the boy's eyes became deeper and deeper.

"It's a ritual, for the Star God to find his beloved who's lost in the fragments of time and space..."

Hearing the words "time" and "space" from the waiter, Lin Xi's eyes lit up and he became more and more interested, but the waiter never said anything coherent enough.