Chapter Twenty-Five

"Are you kidding? You went to the Sunu planet but stayed on the ship?"

Ernie looked at Lin Xi in surprise, and Lin Xi could tell from his eyes that he really thought this was a surprising decision.

"Well... sometimes you just don't want to be exposed to a completely unfamiliar environment, do you?"

Lin Xi pretended to be nonchalant.

Although deep down, he wasn't as calm as he showed.

He wasn't familiar with this newly appointed laboratory director, so it was naturally impossible for him to tell him in detail all the things happening on Sunu— for example, although others had no objections to the alien creatures, some have extremely conservative attitudes.

Lin Xi admitted that the most important reason why he stayed on the spaceship during the whole thing was because of Bryce.

Almost every cell in Bryce's body screamed against the Sunu people. Lin Xi knew very clearly that Bryce didn't want him to "get along well" with those aliens.

Sometimes, Lin Xi even doubted that in Bryce's mind, the Sunu people weren't alien allies who had established diplomatic relations with Earth for many years, but would snatch Lin Xi home at any time and then be like jungle cannibals who would cut sacrifices into pieces and eat them clean.

Of course, Lin Xi always felt that Bryce was making a fuss over this issue. However, on an alien planet so far away from Earth, he and Bryce could be said to be more or less dependent on each other. And he really didn't want to increase Bryce's mental burden— Bryce's paranoia and self-loathing have become serious enough ever since Lin Xi was selected to participate in the mission.

Moreover, Lin Xi himself had never been an avid fan of Sunu culture.

It's not that difficult to find ways to have fun while passing the time on Helios.

So while everyone else was busy handing over the gray materials, or wandering around the only remaining places of order on Sunu, Lin Xi had stayed behind on the Helios in accordance to Bryce's instructions.

Lin Xi had no complaints about his previous decision, but when "No. 1" was hatched and born with his hands, Lin Xi felt a little regretful from his lack of understanding of Sunu culture.

"Alright, I admit I was a little close-minded... those things look like bugs. who'd have thought that they'd have such high IQ and perception?"

In front of Ernie, Lin Xi could only mock himself with a little embarrassment.

"Well, it doesn't matter. In any case, even our understanding of star butterflies are very shallow... Even me, after staying in this damn laboratory for so long, I only learned about a bit from Dr Ando. There really are bugs that have IQ and perception close to that of human children. Perhaps it's because of this that this bug is considered a sacred being by the Sunu people..."

Ernie told Lin Xi.

But after saying these, he couldn't help but freeze.

The mention of Dr Ando made them suddenly quiet.

The terrible things that the 'gentle' man did to his own wife... and the half-human, half-insect monsters he killed with his own hands...

What happened in Mr and Mrs Ando's cabin had spread quickly to every corner of the Helios in just a short period of time.

Ernie's eyes darkened, and he looked a little sad.

"I can only regret that such a tragedy happened to Dr Ando, if he was still here, he would've been able to give you more help."