Chapter Twenty-Seven

After John Bronson fell, the scene that followed could only be described as chaos.

The exploration team members suddenly jumped up and helped restrain John. This wasn't to prevent him from hurting Lin Xi, but to prevent the old man who was twitching on the ground from hurting himself. It's just that they were too rough, it even looked like... they might kill John Bronson.

Lin Xi admitted that he was a little frightened, he looked at the those people in shock.

They were mad dogs, eyes empty but glowing with a beast-like light. Any sane person could see that John Bronson has no fighting ability left. It would only take one person to completely restrain the frightened old man, but almost everyone in the restaurant still pounced at him.

They suppressed his body, the blood vessels wriggling like worms under blue-grey skin.

Lin Xi and Bryce had to step forward and pull them off the old man.

"Stop—"

In the end, Alyssa took control of the situation. She stopped the young men's excessive and rough handling, ordering Bryce to sedate Old John.

This was a smart decision. After giving John the injection, the old man's convulsions finally calmed down. Once he stopped moving, the exploration team members slowly became quiet while breathing heavily.

However, he still seemed a little confused.

"Ho ho... aliens... will die... we... will all die..."

He lowered his head, his eyes as cloudy as a long dead fish. He kept mumbling vaguely, finally slowly losing consciousness.

"It's like a nightmare."

Bryce was beside Lin Xi, watching the others transport the unconscious John out of the restaurant, Lin Xi heard him say this in a daze.

"Yes......"

Lin Xi replied softly.

However, neither of them asked the other whether the nightmare was John Bronson, who suddenly grabbed an ax and tried to kill Lin Xi, or the crazy exploration team members. The latter were even more excited than John Bronson, while Bronson was more morbid.

Lin Xi had never felt scared of John Bronson's madness, but when he thought of the actions of the exploration team members just now, he felt a layer of cold sweat breaking out on his back.

No one wanted to be in the restaurant anymore, or to have a conversation surrounded by people like that. Ten minutes later, Lin Xi and Alyssa came to Bryce's clinic together.

In the past few days, Bryce had dealt with many people who had been injured in previous insect attacks, so the clinic looked a bit messy. The air, after multiple bouts of disinfection smelled like metal, which also contributed to the unpleasantness.

Strictly speaking, the environment of this place can even be said to be harsh, but when Bryce magically found two coffee capsules and used a medical liquefaction machine to deliver two cups of coffee to them, Lin Xi quickly changed his mind.

"Where there's coffee, it's heaven."

Lin Xi sipped the hot coffee gratefully, full of love for Bryce in his heart.

Of course, before every space trip, the aviation administration will try and fill the spacecraft with as many coffee capsules as possible, but... everyone knows that no matter how many coffee capsules there were, it won't last until the second half of the return journey.

This cup of coffee is precious here in Helios. Lin Xi was very sure that if he hadn't been almost cut in half by a crazy old man with an ax ten minutes ago, Bryce would've been more reluctant to share such a treasure.