Chapter Twenty

Draft
____

When Lin Xi pushed open the door of the medical room, Bryce was fiddling with the new auxiliary system.

An entire virtual wall displaying natural scenery, it's connected to the detectors in Helios to simultaneously simulate the real-time scenery outside the cabin. This virtual environment could allegedly alleviate the depression of non-field crew members from being in a closed environment for too long. But as far as how Lin Xi saw it, the scenery projected wasn't very beautiful-- it looked more like a premium version of real-time external surveillance video. The brightly coloured and occasionally wriggling "plants" on the unknown asteroid seemed less relaxing and more like some type of mental pollution.

"Whoa, what the hell's this?"

Lin Xi was caught off guard seeing such a terrifying scene, he stared at the virtual wall and said in amazement. It took him a while to recognize that it was an attempt to ease his space sickness (indifferently, these attempts failed in the end).

"Lin Xi? Why are you here?"

Bryce turned his head and found that it was Lin Xi who came in, his eyes widened in surprise.

He really was very surprised by Lin Xi's arrival. Immediately afterwards, he threw away the virtual wall editor in his hands and rushed straight towards Lin Xi.

"Did something happen?"

He grabbed Lin Xi's wrist and asked, voice tense.

Lin Xi was taken aback, he shook his head in surprise: "It's nothing... well, there is something wrong, but I'm fine- fine...God, why are you so scared at the sight of me? Am I that scary?"

After a brief moment of daze, Lin Xi couldn't help complaining in a low voice.

Bryce was slightly taken aback, he seemed to have only noticed that his reaction was a bit excessive. He quickly let go of Lin Xi and stepped back.

"If something serious hadn't happened, I don't think my dear brother would come to visit me- after all, he hates my nagging."

Bryce muttered in a half-joking tone.

He seemed to have relaxed a bit, but couldn't let his guard down completely. Lin Xi could feel that him still observing him secretly. Then, he saw Bryce wrinkle his nose and silently take a few steps back.

"Wait, what's that smell on you? God, what the hell did you do? You smell like you just crawled out of a waste disposal room..."

Bryce asked in disgust.

"Well... in fact, that's what I wanted to talk to you about."

Lin Xi raised his arm, he smelled his clothes and was shocked by the stench. He was sure that he got the smell just staying in the Ando couple's room.

"It's about Liz... I'm honestly not sure if I should tell you this, but I need your advice- of course, if you swear you won't tell Alyssa what I'm going to say next."

"Liz? Mrs. Ando?" As soon as Liz was mentioned, Bryce's expression, which had just relaxed a little, became grim again in an instant.

He glared at Lin Xi in a very stern manner, there seemed to be a subtle hint of panic in his questioning voice.

Lin Xi frowned slightly, Bryce's reaction seemed to indicate that the latter also seemed to know something.

"That's right, it's her. In fact, this all relates back to Professor Ando, he found me before-"

Just when Lin Xi was about to continue explaining, a black shadow suddenly passed by in the corners of his eyes.

He twisted subconsciously. Overhead, looking to the side, it was the virtual wall. Everything broadcasted comes from the spacecraft's detectors, so it's a faithful real-time broadcast of the scenery outside this cabin.