Chapter Thirty-Three

Lin Xi stood in his room, he stared at "No. 1" for a long time.

After noticing Lin Xi's gaze "No. 1" became well-behaved— in other words, it was trying to act like that (but its terrifying and large body held it back).

"Zizzi..."

The sounds coming from its body became more urgent and full of ingratiation.

Also, Lin Xi didn't know where it learned this but it began to slowly approach Lin Xi, gently rubbing Lin Xi's calf with its forehead and wings.

"Brrr……"

Lin Xi was very sure that with "No. 1"'s IQ, it had noticed something and was probably racking its brains to save the situation.

If you ignore "No. 1"'s appearance, this scene could almost be called warm.

"No. 1" was like a large dog that accidentally knocked over a valuable sculpture, while Lin Xi was the distressed owner facing their unruly pet.

"Be obedient. 'No. 1'."

Lin Xi told it.

He hesitated for a moment, then bent down slightly and touched "No. 1"'s forehead.

The touch of the alien insect's carapace became increasingly similar to that of the Sunu sculpture in the warehouse, both of which had a subtle rough and hard feel.

"No. 1" seemed relieved after discovering that Lin Xi was willing to reach out and touch it.

Of course, an insect's face can't really show an expression. The reason why Lin Xi was able to point out "No. 1"'s emotions so clearly was purely because of the round spots on its wings.

Almost the moment Lin Xi's fingers touched it, the spots began to flicker happily.

Soft pink and light yellow appeared alternately inside those round spots. Colors that'll probably make many young girls coo.

What's more, it's tentacles were gently swinging like an animal showing its happiness. This was definitely not a habit of Star Butterfly itself, and Lin Xi didn't know where it learned this.

But no matter what, "No. 1" seemed to be put in a much better mood under Lin Xi's touch.

But only Lin Xi knew that his heart wasn't as calm as he showed.

His eyes stopped on the insect face of "No. 1" with red compound eyes and ferocious mouthparts.

What he was thinking about was the deep carvings on the outer frame of the egg case incubator.

The outer frame of the incubator was made of metal, but the mouthparts of "No. 1" could easily leave such deep tooth marks. One could only imagine. If "No. 1" wanted, it could easily tear fragile humans aboard the Helios to shreds. Just like in the records left in Dr. Ando's notes, a bad-tempered star butterfly could easily destroy an entire city.

Lin Xi wondered why he never thought of this earlier? Probably because "No. 1"'s initial meekness affected his judgment.

After all, from beginning to end, "No. 1" never showed any aggression in front of him.

But what happened today made Lin Xi realize that he had to make some considerations about the future of "No. 1".

"Hey man, let's go back to the greenhouse, that's where you belong."

Lin Xi whispered to "No. 1".

"No. 1"'s movements became slightly stiff, the colors on its wings changed violently several times.