Chapter Fifty-Three

Draft
_____

Two hours later, Lin Xi was wrapped up in a blanket and sleeping on the temporary treatment cabin in the clinic, holding a cup of hot tea in his hand (Bryce insisted this time that it was his last stock), warm and bright lights were close at hand. Bryce finally stopped his racing heart, even the peaceful scene in front of him made him feel like he was in another world.

The attack caused by the monster attracted many people, but then the monster suddenly disappeared without a trace. The power was quickly restored, but Lin Xi's room was already in a mess. He didn't think while shooting the terrifying monster, and the living cabin of the Helios was poorly designed. They never took into consideration someone using the electronic pulse gun indoors and pulling the trigger like crazy. Perhaps the only thing that made Lin Xi not despair was that the few dying star butterfly eggs were still intact.

However... this isn't something particularly joyful. Lin Xi shuddered involuntarily when he thought of the face of the half-human, half-insect monster he had seen. It might be difficult for him to remember his love for bugs after this short period of time... he thought.

After receiving news, Bryce quickly brought Lin Xi to the treatment room. Alyssa was leading people to investigate the whereabouts of the terrifying monster. Such a terrifying thing suddenly appeared inside the Helios. The faces of those who heard Lin Xi's narration instantly turned pale.

Lin Xi hoped that they can find the thing quickly, he was afraid that his brother, who tended to be overly anxious, might not be able to sleep for a while.

"Ah, Lin Xi, please don't look at me with that face..."

Bryce, who was busy at first, seemed to feel Lin Xi's gaze. He turned around, when he saw Lin Xi, he looked like he suddenly got a toothache.

"You look like a wounded and scared puppy right now. But, with all due respect, you're lucky. You didn't even get a scratch... at least it doesn't look so for me. Let’s see if you're really okay through observation. Stop putting on that face.”

Bryce muttered angrily. If he hadn't come over to nervously check the physiological data monitoring patches attached to Lin Xi's body with a worried look on his face, his words might've been more convincing.

He claimed that Lin Xi was frightened during the nightmarish attack, but in Lin Xi's view, the person who was really frightened was Bryce, and at this moment he was using his job to calm down.

This made Lin Xi feel a little sorry. Sometimes he worried Bryce too much.

"I'm sorry," Lin Xi murmured.

"Shut up."

Bryce interrupted him brusquely.

However, after pretending to be busy at work for a while, Bryce silently sat next to Lin Xi. He stared at his brother's pale face, then lowered his voice.

"Was it a half-human, half-worm monster? Like Liz Chen's child?"

Bryce asked a little confused.

Although he tried his best to pretend being calm, Lin Xi could feel that Bryce really cared about the monster that attacked him.

"That's right..."

Lin Xi said reluctantly.

"So Professor Ando missed one when he killed his children? Or maybe... a monster broke through the Covenant and broke into the spaceship? No, none of this makes sense. The only half-human, half-insect monsters are from Sunu-human hybrids, but Liz's already dead, Ando's still lying in the solitary room good as dead. Where did the monster come from? Why did it attack you again..."