Chapter Twenty-Eight

Separated by a layer of plexiglass, the sand picked up by "No. 1" with its hind legs wouldn't be able to reach Lin Xi's body. But even so, Lin Xi was still taken aback. After all, Dr. Ando didn't write this in his notes, and on Earth, insects are... just bugs. But the star butterfly, a highly intelligent alien insect, can directly start to lose its temper when it's unhappy.

"Hey— that's not polite!"

Lin Xi bent down and knocked on the glass harder than before to show his determination. "No. 1" is cute, yes, Lin Xi won't ever deny this, but he has no intention of condoning this little guy's delinquent behavior. However, no matter what he thought... even Lin Xi himself didn't notice that when speaking to "No. 1", his tone had become much gentler.

"Wu——"

"No. 1" responded to him more directly— it picked up some more sand and threw it at Lin Xi.

Lin Xi: "..."

He looked at "No. 1" dumbfounded. This was the first time Lin Xi saw such vivid and obvious emotions from a bug. Probably because of this, it was difficult for him to feel angry when he saw "No. 1" losing his temper.

"Forget it..." He muttered quietly, and looked at "No. 1" again, "Anyway, thank you for the gift."

He softened his voice for the angry little bug.

Hearing his slightly conceding response, "No. 1"'s tentacles swayed slightly above its head. For a moment, Lin Xi even thought that "No. 1" was going to reconcile with him and ask for his caress again. But when "No. 1" caught his eyes, he paused, and then turned its head indifferently. It showed it's back to Lin Xi, and then rushed directly towards the Sunu fragrant tree, which couldn't conceal its huge size, and tried to hide.

——Obviously, it didn't intend to "forgive" Lin Xi just like this.

"Alright."

Lin Xi looked at its angry back and sighed with a slight headache. But the next second, he couldn't help but cover his face with his hands, and show an uncontrollable smile behind his palms (he didn't dare to laugh directly in front of "No. 1", he had a hunch that even just him smiling would probably make "No. 1" angrier).

"No. 1" will probably never be able to hide its emotions, Lin Xi thought, staring at its wings peeking out from behind the Sunu fragrant wood. Those beautiful big wings now look quite intimidating. The spots dotted on the wings were flashing desperately at this time, the inside of the round spots showed extremely aggressive red and black, but every few seconds those spots would change into gentle blue and green. The two different colors kept changing, perfectly exposing "No. 1"'s complicated thoughts to Lin Xi's eyes.

Lin Xi sighed. He didn't continue the stalemate with the little bug. After all, this wouldn't solve any problem. So he walked to the other side of the room, opened his personal terminal and started calling Ernie in the animal lab.

The other party quickly answered his call.

But what made Lin Xi a little puzzled was that Ernie seemed to be flustered. Even when he talked to Lin Xi, he stuttered. But Lin Xi remembered clearly that the last time they met, Ernie was nagging in front of him complaining about this and that. This guy wasn't the kind of researcher who can't even speak clearly...

Lin Xi pretended to be ignorant and talked to Ernie, but Ernie seemed afraid to even look directly at Lin Xi's eyes.

Did he offend Ernie without knowing it?

Lin Xi frowned secretly, but on the surface, their conversation remained calm and friendly.

"—I don't want to cause you too much trouble, sorry, I still want to make sure whether the large insect culture tank I need has been found in the warehouse? God, I really need the thing."