Chapter 62

You walked among the people with your hoodie over your head and faced the ground. There too many of them for your comfort. You looked up slightly and saw a bar. 'Men like the bar right?... Then we'll go to the bar first.' A small smile came across you as you remembered your first official mission. It's a good place to gather intel, that's for sure. You walked to the bar. Come to think of it, that was my only official mission I've ever gotten from the Akatsuki. Aside from the attack on the Hidden Leaf, that doesn't count. I asked to join, it wasn't assigned to me. You pushed open the swinging doors and stepped in. There were several men all over the place. All of them drunk and speaking nonsense and others... well, others were just passed out form too much alcohol. 

   A man who didn't look so drunk sat at the back of the bar with the bartender. You made your way over to him.

   "Mind if I sit here?" you asked.

   He turned his face toward you and looked you from head to toe. You swallowed to prevent yourself from moving away form him. He looked disinterested, partially the reason why you brought a cloak that hid your figure.

   "Sure thing miss," he answered and pulled the seat out for you.

   "Thank you," you said and sat down.

   "What can I get for you miss?" the bartender asked as he cleaned a glass. You looked around. What drink wasn't so... effective?

   "Uh... just regular sake please," you told him.

   "One sake coming right up!" the bartender said as he turned around and prepared your drink.

   The man sitting on the stool beside you turned around to face you. "You're not gonna drink it, are you?"

   You blinked from under your hood and then smiled since you'd been caught. "No, I don't drink."

   "Then why'd you order it?"

   "Here you go miss," the bartender said as he placed  small cup in front of you.

   "Thanks," you said and the bartender nodded before heading toward another customer. You glanced at the cup and then turned toward the man beside you. "It's useful for fitting in a little at the bar."

   The man cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. He reached out toward your hood and you resisted the urge to slap his hand away as he slightly lifted the front. You were now able to get a good look at him. He had brown hair, brown beard, lightly tanned skin, and onyx eyes. He wore the Hidden Cloud attire without the white armor atop. The man pulled his hand back and your hood fell into place once more.

   "I'm Yoshirou."

   "Aiko," you replied. It's possible this man knows something about my clan. You thought as you reached into a pocket. "I was wondering, Mr. Yoshirou, do you know these people?" you asked as you showed him the picture.

   Yoshirou inspected the photograph and took it from you. He looked up at you and seemed to hesitate before looking back at the image and opened his mouth to speak," I do know the ladies in this picture."

   "You do?"

   Yoshirou nodded. "Well, knew them actually. The clan was eliminated somewhere around twelve years ago."

   "I know," you murmured. "Do you know anything you can share with me? Any information?"

   Yoshirou looked up. "I'm not allowed to share this information though. However, I'll make an exception this once," he turned the picture to face you and pointed at the black-haired female. "That's Hoshiko. She and her husband were chosen to lead the clan after the elders had the meeting which was held once every twenty years to elect the next 'head of the family'. However, that was changed and the new law was like that of any other clan; the first born child would be the one to take the responsibilities as head of the family when they grew of age," he pointed at the teenage girl with blue eyes. "That's Atsuko. She would help Hoshiko on whatever she could."

   "Was she the eldest?" you asked. "Are she and the child sisters?"

   Yoshirou shook his head. "No," he pointed at the baby. "She was the first natural born heir to the Amashi."

   "Amashi?"

   "That's the clan name," Yoshirou informed. He closed his eyes and took a drink of his sake. He placed the cup on the counter. "I'm not sure I should be giving away any more information like this miss."

   You sighed. I knew it would come to this... you thought and pulled some money out of your pocket. You placed it on the counter and slid it over to Yoshirou, not removing your hand from the money. 500 yen, that should get enough intel out of him. You'd have to apologize to Kakuzu later for wasting some of your allowance on this.

   "Now, anything and everything you know about this clan... please tell me."

   Yoshirou looked at the money and shifted in his seat. He glanced around and quickly took the money.

   "Alright," he licked his lips as his eyes darted around the bar. "No one's really known much about them since they were eliminated. All information about the Amashi has been locked away. The Raikage will know but I wouldn't go to him, he's known for his unpredictable temper. Say one wrong thing and you might get thrown in prison. So if you want intel on this clan, the best, and most dangerous, choice would be to sneak into a secret room hidden in the ANBU lockers. Sneaking passed those bugs is hard enough as it is. Breaking in without setting off the alarm and finding the file you need while keeping an eye out for any lookouts or sentinels... S-ranked already. Sorry, but that's all I know except for this; one of the Amashi is still out there somewhere."

   "Thank you," you said and stood. You left money to pay for your drink and left. The large, glass building stood before you, Yoshirou's words echoing in your head. I have to infiltrate this place huh... It did seem almost impossible, it was the Raikage's building. To get to the ANBU lockers, you'd have to sneak in through the Raikage's building. You frowned.

   "Talk about tough luck," you muttered as you made your way through the shadows and toward the back of the building. 

   Surprisingly, you didn't run into anyone, and that was suspicious. Your eyes narrowed as you quickly opened the back door and slipped in. It was a long hall, with the lights flickering on and off. You stepped forward, your footsteps sounding off the walls of the empty space. You turned a corner and quickly ducked back behind the wall. There were two ANBU up ahead and headed down another hall. You peered around the wall and saw the ANBU's backs slowly fade away into one of the darker halls. You focused chakra to your ears and listened intensly. There didn't seem to be anyone in sight so you slowly continued on your way. 

   After several twists and turns, you came across a door that read 'LOCKERS-ANBU' on the top. You stopped outside the door and listened. No one. Silently, you opened the door and headed in, the door closing behind you. The lighting was no better here, except the lights didn't flicker as they did out in the halls. You moved along to the back of the lockers and pulled out a piece of paper from your pocket. You glanced at it briefly and then looked back up at the lockers. 'From the left to right, fifth locker. Combination: 15357678.' You frowned slightly and approached the locker. 

   The plan was pretty simple; get in, get the intel you needed, and get back out without being spotted. So far, everything was going great. Yet, you couldn't but feel watched... it was as if you were being shadowed. After the combination was set, the locker opened on its own and you quietly stepped inside.

~3rd person~

   As the girl stepped into the locker, a shadow emerged from behind one of the lockers. His ocean green eyes followed the girl's figure as she disappeared into the darkness of the room.

   "I've found the girl. Actually, she came to us, boss."

   The man smirked. Indeed she came us Yoshirou. His smirk fell and his eyes narrowed. Only question is... is she the girl we were after? Or is she another member that somehow escaped? He wondered and stepped out of the shadows. The light shone down on his golden hair and revealed his ominous presence. He hadn't been able to get a good look at the girl's face, so he couldn't help but wonder who she was. I'll just have to find out myself. He decided and stepped into the room after the girl. He would find out who it was... and eliminate them, should they choose not to cooperate.