Chapter 7

Sasori glanced at the doorway out of the corner of his eye. He had sensed someone there and it was no wonder why. He saw you standing behind the door, watching everything that was going on. He frowned from inside Hiruko. Aiko, don't interfere. He thought. Both he and Deidara knew you were here, and they didn't want you to interfere because they were afraid of you getting hurt. Stay back, where it's safe.

"Where the heck do you think you're sitting?!"

Sasori's attention was brought back to the jinchuuriki in front of him.

"Well, so much for that mystery, hm," Deidara smirked. "This kid's the jinchuuriki. He's the one who bursts in and barks first alright." He turned to Sasori. "Seriously, Itachi was right on the money, huh? Hm?"

Sasori wasn't even paying attention to Deidara and the jinchuuriki anymore, he was looking right at the old woman.

~xXx~

"Gaara! What the heck are you doing?! Come on, why are you just lying there?!" the blonde yelled. "Get up! Gaara! Answer me! What are you, deaf?! Come on, knock it off already!" he started to walk forward.

"Enough Naruto!" the older man's voice yelled. Naruto stopped in his tracks and looked down. "You know full well that..." the man trailed off.

You felt sorry for the blonde. Was he friends with the one tail jinchuuriki? You wondered and looked back and forth between the two.

"Your friend's right, and you know it too," Deidara said. You turned toward him and silently asked him not to anger the blonde any more. "He's been dead for a while now. Huh." He tapped the Kazekage's cheek with the back of his hand.

This only angered the blonde more. He had a totally murderous look to his eye now.

"Well," Sasori said.

"Oh yeah," Deidara interrupted. "That's him alright, hm."

Your eyes widened in terror. You weren't afraid of the jinchuuriki, no. It was what could happen to Deidara and Sasori that had you frozen. Get out of there you... you idiots! You mentally screamed. But you knew that they needed the tailed beasts. You could only cross your fingers and hope no casualties would happen. If things seem out of control, I will have to disobey Pein and go help them!

The blonde clenched his teeth. "Give him back... give Gaara back, you damn...!" he charged at them but the silver haired man stopped him. He said something to the blonde that you couldn't make out.

~xXx~

Sasori turned to the Kazekage. Deidara looked at him.

"What?" he asked. "Something on your mind Sasori, my man?"

"I'll hold on to him," Sasori answered, referring to the dead jinchuuriki.

"Huh?"

"Since it appears that jinchuuriki will stop at nothing to get him back."

Deidara looked at the Kazekage, whom you now know is named Gaara thanks to the blonde's outbursts. "Yeah, that's putting it lightly," he turned back to the group of people. It looked like the silver haired man was analyzing them.

"Okay, it looks like the one on the left is the one who infiltrated the Sand and took Lord Kazekage," the man said as he looked at Deidara. He turned to Sasori. "Which means this one is the puppet master who wounded Kankuro so badly." He turned to the old lady. "Her grandson Sasori, huh?"

~xXx~

Your eyes widened. She's his grandmother? You looked at the people in the room, they were apparently analyzing each other.