Chapter 4

You jumped up and did a back flip away from the explosion. You landed on your feet and threw a kunai at the target. The kunai hit the middle, you moved out of the way to avoid another attack. You made some hand signs.

A spirit wolf appeared and charged at the same spot from where the attack had come from.

"Gah! What the heck?!"

You stopped in your tracks, panting, and headed to where the animal had gone to. You saw it there among the trees, pinning Hidan to the floor with its paws.

"Oh, sorry Hidan," you apologized and released the jutsu.

"Aw man! Now I'm gonna have two tattoos on my back!" Hidan cried as he stood up and pointed at his back.

"She's getting better," Sasori said as he, Itachi and Deidara jumped out of the trees. "Over the course of these five years you've been with us, you've really improved."

You smiled and put your hands on your hips. "Of course! What did you expect?! I'm being taught to control my powers by great people!" you declared and smiled widely. Hidan wrapped an arm around your neck and ruffled your hair. "Hidan! Knock it off!" you whined as you tugged at his arm, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Leave the girl alone, un," Deidara said.

"Alright alright fine!" Hidan let you go.

"What now?" you asked as you tried to comb your hair. "I'm done with training for the moment, so what do you want to do?"

"I don't know," Hidan answered.

"Not child's games," Deidara and Itachi said at the same time.

"I'm not five years old anymore!" you mumbled.

"I heard that," Sasori smirked. "You still act like a kid sometimes."

You waved your hand, dismissing the subject. "Sure, sure. Whatever."

"He's right you know," Itachi stated. You gave him a bored look. Deidara raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you look at him like that? Hm?" he asked.

"Something I learned from Sasori," you answered. They looked at him, he looked away. "He always gives that bored look to people when he doesn't have anything to say. Am I right, Sasori?"

"Hn," is all he answered.

"Now you sound like Itachi!" you pointed a finger at Sasori.

"Why me?" Itachi asked.

"That's all you ever really answer," you replied. "Hn."

"Hn."

"See?! You said it again!"

"She's right," Hidan pointed out.

"I know!" you tapped your finger on your chin. The men looked at you. "A bet."

The three of them raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of bet? Hm?" Deidara asked.

"If you guys can act differently for the entire day," you started. "I'll ask Kakuzu for some money so I can buy you guys whatever you want at the village. If you can't, then you get nothing. How about it?"

They thought a moment.

"What are the rules?" Hidan asked.

"Sasori and Itachi have to stop being boring. Deidara and Hidan, you guys have to stop being so loud," you stated flatly. "You guys just have to behave the exact opposite of what you normally act okay?"