Chapter 1

You were running through the woods, trying to get away from your pursuers when you bumped into someone. You fell on your rear end and looked up to see a beautiful woman with blue hair and an origami flower in her bun. She had bright, golden brown eyes and a piercing on her lower lip. She wore a black cloak with red clouds on it. Once she saw you, she smiled kindly.

You simply stared up at her and were about to smile when the people chasing you caught up. Turning around, you saw them emerging from the bushes behind you. You got up and scrambled to hide behind the lady. She looked at you and frowned, then turned back to the two men with a cold expression on her face. The men didn't look happy but tried to stay calm.

"Who are you, woman?" the older one with scars running down his face asked. The younger one nodded in agreement, he examined the woman.

"Wait, that cloak. Do you think she's..." the younger one whispered, trailing off instead of finishing his thought. The older one shook his head and whispered 'no' back to his partner.

"Look miss, we only want the girl so hand her over and we won't hurt you," the oldest one threatened.

"And why are you after this girl, if I may know?" the woman asked in a monotonous voice.

"Well, since you'll be killed for knowing I'll give you the option of whether you really want to know or not," the older man replied. The woman nodded, gesturing she wanted them to continue. They glanced at each other then smiled maliciously, turning to face you and the woman.

"She has a powerful Kekkei Genkai that can be used to our own will if we can control the girl," the younger one explained.

"There is another way, though," the older one cut him off. The woman looked at him. "We can also remove the Kekkei Genkai from her body and implant it in someone else, that way, we can control her Kekkei Genkai. Since her Kekkei Genkai is directly connected to her soul, well, let's just say—"

The woman frowned. "You would kill her after extracting the Kekkei Genkai!"

The men laughed. "Of course that would happen. That is why we are giving her the option of following our rules. If she doesn't, then we'll have to remove her Kekkei Genkai and keep it as our own."

"I won't let you touch her!" the woman declared. She pulled you behind her and paper shuriken filled the air, they headed towards the men and surrounded them. Two other men came out of the woods on either side of the woman. They both wore the same cloak as the woman. One was young, pale, and had long, black hair. The other man looked old and had a straw hat on.

"Konan, what happened?" the pale man asked the woman.

"These men were after the girl," she replied without looking at him and instead focusing on the men that had been following you. She finished them off and the pale man got rid of the bodies. When he came back, his bright golden eyes landed on you.

"Hey, Konan," he whispered. The woman looked at him. "Don't look now, but I think there's a child attached to your cloak."

Konan looked down at you. "She's the girl they were after. Are you alright?" the woman you now knew as Konan asked. You slowly nodded.

"We should start going back to the hideout. Leader will be waiting, and I hate to keep people waiting," the old man said. Konan and the pale man nodded.

"But we can't just leave her here," Konan replied. A cool breeze flew through the air. You shivered and sneezed. The pale man noticed and removed his cloak, wrapping it around your small body and stepped away. The woman smiled at you. "I'm Konan."