Chapter 10

"Sasori!" you cried out as the mother and father puppets got up and launched at him, you were running at top speed towards him. He looked at you and shouted something but you weren't listening. You made some hand signs and held your hands out towards Sasori. The spirit of a dragon appeared and blocked the attacks of both puppets. You jumped in front of Sasori.

"What are you doing?" Sasori whisper-yelled at you. "I told you not to interfere!"

You shook your head rapidly. "I don't care!" you yelled at him. "Did you want me to just leave you there to die?!"

He didn't say anything.

"There was another one?" the old lady gasped. "Why didn't I sense you?"

"I masked my chakra," you answered simply and turned to look at her. The girl collapsed on the floor.

"Sakura!" the old woman began to heal her. The girl looked up at you.

"You're too late," Sasori told the old woman. "The damage has been done. I'm well aware that you are a medical ninja, which is why I aimed for a spot that is impossible to heal."

"I've already finished the first aid treatment with medical ninjutsu," Chiyo said. "What I am doing for her now, is something very different."

"What?" Sasori asked in a demanding tone.

Different? You thought to yourself as you looked at the girl.

"Don't worry about me, Lady Chiyo," Sakura struggled to speak.

"Nonsense Sakura," the old lady whispered as she continued to heal her. "I'm harnessing my own life force and conducting it into her body."

"No, it can't be!" Sasori's eyes widened and you looked at him. He still hadn't moved from where he was. You looked at the floor and noticed the same sealing marks as the ones that had trapped Sasori's other body to the wall. So he can't move?

"A reanimation jutsu," Chiyo said. You turned to the girl again. She was in a bad state.

You turned to Sasori. He was visibly struggling to stay standing. He started to collapse but you caught him and placed his arm over your shoulder. Sasori looked at you.

"Why did you interfere?" he whispered.

You shrugged. "I already told you, I wasn't going to let you die. Besides, it didn't look too good for you from where I was standing," you replied. He didn't say anything again and looked at the ground.

"You shouldn't have interfered," he told you after a while. "Leader will-"

"I don't care what he does! I wasn't going to just stand there and watch while you got killed!" you yelled angrily at him. He looked at you with wide eyes. "He may kill me for all I care, I'm not letting you die! I will protect you, Sasori!"

"You are willing to give up your life for a criminal?" the old lady asked as she was healing the girl. You looked at her, a determined look on your face.

"If it saves them, yes, I will," you answered. The woman's eyes grew wide. The girl opened her eyes but didn't say anything. Chiyo turned to Sasori, her eyes sad.

"I spent years creating this jutsu for you, and I'm the only one who can use it" she started. "With this jutsu, life can breathed into anyone. Even puppets. That is, in exchange of the life of the the one who uses it." Your eyes widened. In exchange... for their life? You glanced at Sasori out of the corner of your eye. Even if he was a puppet, you could sense sadness and longing coming from him. "Oh well, but after all that's happened I guess that's an impossible dream now."