Chapter 29

It had been a little while since you had been practicing to stay calm while the people insulted you during a battle but you needed a break from that. As of right now, you were walking around the Hidden Rain Village. You walked by a group of kids playing ninja. A small smile crossed your features.

"Look! It's the young miss that walks around with Lady Angel!"

"She's pretty! Mommy, I wanna be like her when I grow up!"

You faced the ground as the murmurs and whispers went on all around you. You turned a corner and came across a girl about your age. You quickly dodged to the side.

"Sorry," the girl said.

"Don't worry about it," you answered and continued walking.

"Wait!" the girl called out. You sighed, knowing where this was going and turned to face her. This could very well be practice for keeping a straight face. "You're the girl that people often see with Lady Angel."

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. "Yeah."

"Then that must mean you know Lord Pein," the girl said.

You frowned, this girl was getting on your nerves... very quickly. "What's it to you?"

The girl smiled, seemingly unoffended by your rude answer. "You must be really important then."

Your eyes narrowed as you stared at the girl. "It's none of your business whether I'm important or not."

"So you're not important to them?"

You raised an eyebrow. Wait, this could actually be very helpful. You thought as you pulled on a blank expression.

"That's none of your concern," you told her and started walking away. You heard footsteps behind you and sighed. You turned around and glared at the girl. Instead of the girl, you saw a little boy, probably no older than five, standing behind you.you smiled and knelt down in front of him.

He smiled and held his hands out to you. You leaned down and picked him up.

"Lady Angel," he giggled.

You shook your head. "No, I'm not Lady Angel. Lady Angel has blue hair."

"Lady Angel!" the boy said again and smiled. You looked around; left, right, up and even down but Konan was nowhere to be seen.

"I walk around with Lady Angel," you told him. He smiled and held his hand out as a drop of water fell on the palm of his hand.

"You walk with Lady Angel?" he asked.

You nodded. "Yup."

"Lady Angel uses paper, what do you use?"

"Uh... " you looked away and put the boy down. "Watch," you told him as you made some hand signs.you held your hand out in front of you and a small bird appeared. It flapped its wings and flew around the little boy. He smiled and chased it as it flew around the small street. Other children started to join in. you summoned a couple of wolves and the children played around.

A few adults stood around, watching over their children or just watching as the children played.

"I know!" the little boy from earlier ran up to you. "Lady Spirit."

"Or Miss Angel!" cried another child. They all walked up to you, suggesting different names for you.

You smiled at them and kneeled down in the middle of the group of children. "How about just Aiko?"