Chapter 24

"Wind style: Rasengan!"

"Water style: Crashing rapids!"

"Water typhoon vortex technique!"

You turned your head towards the two new voices just as a giant tornado crashed with Kakuzu's flame and put it out. You covered your face as a giant cloud of vapor surrounded Kakuzu and spread to where you stood. As the vapor cleared away, you lowered your hands slightly and looked at the four new people. Your eyes widened again as you saw two familiar people and two others you hadn't seen before. Sakura, Naruto! You sighed in relief but it soon went away as you knew that Kakuzu might in bigger trouble. Naruto was a jinchuuriki after all.

"Sorry we're late," you heard Naruto say. "But better late than never."

The vapor cleared away fully and you were able to make out the other two people. One was a man with brown hair, some face protector(that thing Yamato wears around his head), a green vest and navy blue pants with navy blue boots. The other was a young man with black hair, black shirt with a long right sleeve and short left sleeve that went down to the bottom of his ribcage and exposed his torso. He also had black pants, black boots and black gloves.

Naruto glared at Kakuzu. He made a hand sign which you recognized. "Multi shadow clone jutsu!"

Three more Naruto's appeared. The original Naruto and two of the clones got together. The other clone stood in front of them. Naruto held his hand out while the two clones took care of the chakra change in nature and change in form. What is this? You asked yourself as a glowing, blue sphere of chakra started to form in Naruto's hand. The chakra... it's massive. A small noise reached your ears. The sound... it's coming from that jutsu. The sound of wind. Is it spinning that fast? Your eyes widened as Naruto held a shuriken shaped jutsu in his hand over his head. Your bottom lip started to tremble as you slowly looked at Kakuzu. If that jutsu hits him... he'll be done for. I can't let it hit him. No matter what!

"Wind style: Rasen Shuriken!" Naruto shouted. One of the clones looked at you and you locked eyes with it momentarily before it frowned at you. What is going on? You wondered. Shikamaru called me a backstabber, Naruto is frowning at me with hate in his eyes... something must have gone wrong with Asuma. The clone turned away from you as the four Naruto's ran at Kakuzu.

"Well I'm going in with him!" Choji stated and ran forward only to be stopped by the other man that had come with Naruto.

"No! Stay away from it! You'll only get caught up too!" he yelled over the sound of the rushing wind. The clones surrounded Kakuzu. He stabbed one through the chest and destroyed the other two with the power of the masks.

"Kakuzu get out of the way!" you yelled as Naruto ran at him from behind. You started to run forward but stopped once you noticed Naruto's jutsu had died down as soon as it hit Kakuzu.

"It failed," the man said. It... failed?

Naruto stood there, not moving in front of Kakuzu for a while. You knew that if he didn't move fast, he might get caught in an attack from the masks or get punched away by Kakuzu. He jumped away but Kakuzu threw his threads at him and brought him back to the ground. Kakashi ran forward.

"Yamato!" he called.

"Right!" the other man answered and made a hand sign. His arm turned into wood and he aimed it at Kakuzu. Kakuzu moved out of the way before it hit him. However, it got the threads. Kakashi cut the threads away from Naruto with his lightning and they jumped away. More wood went towards Kakuzu but he was doing well in avoiding it. You stared at the wood with wide eyes. Never before had you seen wood style. You'd heard Kakuzu talking about it, but he said only the first Hokage had that jutsu.