Chapter 16

"You're not going to sacrifice me to jashin, are you?" you asked. Hidan laughed.

"You'll have to find out," he told you as you got in a fighting stance. "You ready princess?"

"Don't call me princess!" you whined. He laughed again. "Ready when you are," you smirked. "Zombie."

"Grr. I'm not a zombie!" Hidan yelled and charged at you. You infused chakra onto the bottom of your feet and did a front flip over Hidan's head and kicked his back. He stumbled forward. Hidan pivoted on his right foot 180o towards you and swung his scythe at your neck. You ducked and did a backflip out of the way.

"Wind style: Air bullets," you shot air bullets towards Hidan. He jumped out of the way and dodged most of the air bullets. One hit his stomach and sent him flying into the tree. He groaned. "Are you alright?" You asked.

"Yeah," he sat up grabbing his head. "Get ready." He stood and ran towards you. You ducked as he swung at your neck. You put your hands on the floor and pushed your body up, feet making contact with Hidan's jaw. The kick sent him up. He came down and landed on the ground, a cloud of dust surrounding him. He placed his hands above his head and back flipped off the ground. He smiled evilly at you and charged at you. You held your hands out in front of you. Let's see if I got this right.

"Almighty push!" you yelled. Hidan stopped in his tracks, eyeing you like you were crazy. You pulled your hands back and looked at them. "Hm. Guess only leader can do that." You smiled nervously, your cheeks tinted a light pink in an embarrassed blush.

Hidan burst out laughing. "You idiot!" he fell to the floor, holding his sides as he roared with laughter and rolled from left to right and back again. "Only... leader...can...do that you... you stupid girl!"

You huffed and stomped over to him, kicking his stomach. He only laughed harder. "Not funny!" you stomped your foot on the ground like a child and crossed your arms. You felt your legs slip out from under you as your hands shot out to grab onto something, anything. Your eyes snapped shut. Someone grabbed your wrist just as you were about to crash onto the ground. You cracked an eye open, only to see something red and shiny right in front of your face. You gasped and looked on as Hidan's scythe moved down to your neck.

"I win," Hidan said. You looked up at him. He had a victorious smirk on his face. You groaned.

"Wait," you looked back at the scythe. "You're not thinking about..."

"Sacrificing you? Nah," Hidan said as he pulled you up to your feet. He ruffled your hair. "Who else would stab, punch, kick or slap me when I scare them?"

You punched his shoulder. "Are you gonna keep making fun of me?!" you demanded.

Hidan chuckled as he rubbed his arm. "No. I'm just stating the truth."

You growled and jumped at Hidan, catching him off guard and causing him to collapse onto the ground.

~Kakuzu~

Kakuzu walked out of the bounty office with two suitcases of money. He had turned in all three men. It turned out, not only Arata had a bounty on his head, but so did the other two. He stopped in his tracks, his eyes widened slightly at what he saw. Hidan was on the floor his back pressed against Aiko's stomach, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck, suffocating him. Hidan's face was going from blue to purple. Kakuzu chuckled and continued to walk over to them. Aiko looked up at him and smiled.

"Took ya long enough grandpa," she said sourly yet playfully. Kakuzu frowned at her.

"The other two also had a bounty on their heads, so it took longer than expected," he told Aiko. She rolled her eyes, her grip not once loosening on Hidan's neck. Kakuzu looked at Hidan's face. "You can let go of that idiot now Aiko."