Chapter 12

"YOU DELIBERATELY DISOBEYED ME!"

That was the first, scolding yell that echoed throughout the Akatsuki hideout in the village Hidden in the Rain.

"You think she'll be okay, un?" Deidara asked. "YEOW! Kakuzu! That hurt! Hm!"

"It's your fault for getting your arm blown up in the first place," Kakuzu stated, unamused by the stupid bomber. He was currently stitching Deidara's hand back onto his arm, while looking after Sasori at the same time even though the puppet didn't need to be looked after. "And don't worry about Aiko, she's stubborn and she can care for herself. The kid will be just fine."

"I hope you're right, un," Deidara mumbled as more of Pein's scolding yells echoed throughout the hideout. "OUCH!"

"Stay still, I'm almost done," Kakuzu ordered as he finished the last stitches. Even he couldn't help worrying about Aiko. Sure she was strong-willed, but even she was in for a long time of being grounded if Pein was this mad.

~Aiko~

"Leader I-"

"SILENCE!" Pein sat down and buried his face in his hands. You heard him take a deep breath, he knew that harsh words and violent actions wouldn't work to get you to talk. He started talking, calmer this time. "I specifically told you not to interfere with anything, you did. We told you to stay out of sight, you didn't. Now then, care to tell me where you've been and why you didn't return with Deidara?"

"That's what I've been trying to tell you," you mumbled under your breath.

"What?" Pein demanded. "Speak up."

"I was... uh..." you stalled. Shoot! Why didn't I come up with an excuse on the way here?! "Um.. well since Sasori's puppet body was ruined, I thought maybe I could get some more wood for him?" Well, that's a big lie.

"Is that so?" Pein looked up from his hands and his eyes bore holes into your own, as if defying you to tell him you were lying. Which you were. You nodded anyway.

"Yes Leader," you told him. He sighed.

"What if you'd gotten hurt? Or worse?" He asked. You were immediately glad that Sakura had treated to your wounds when the Kazekage had gotten better.

"Well, I didn't and I'm fine."

"But what if you had? What then? There's no telling what the Akatsuki might have done," his voice dropped to a mumble, "Not to mention, Konan would have my head if I let anything happen to you."

"What?" you asked, holding back your giggles.

"Nothing," he sighed and stood, walking over to a shelf on the wall to the left. Pein reached up and grabbed a small, black wooden box. He walked over to his desk and stood behind it. He opened the box and searched through it. "Guess there's nothing more I can do. I have to do this, now."

"What...?" you whispered. He took something out and held it in the palm of his hand as he looked at it. He then looked up at you, the smallest of smiles crossing his face.

"Think fast," he tossed it at you. The small, white object flew through the air, shimmering in the sunlight that filtered through the small window. You caught it with one hand and looked at it. Your eyes widened and you looked at Pein in disbelief. He smiled, for real this time. "Hope you like it."

~Small time skip~

You walked to the living room, head down, and opened the door. Most of the members were there. You looked around and saw Itachi, Kisame, Deidara, Kakuzu, Tobi, Konan and Sasori.

Sasori was staring off into space. He was in the temporary puppet body, not suited for battling but it was good for walking around. The puppet looked much like Sasori's original puppet body, though it was not as advanced as his with hidden mechanisms and all. You had made this puppet some time ago, you didn't think it would come in handy but now you were proven wrong, so you carved a spot for Sasori's core. It wasn't as good as Sasori's puppets, but it was good enough.