Chapter 11

I have to find... the Kazekage's spirit!  You thought and searched the dark world for the Kazekage's spirit. Where... where is it?!  You had been searching for what felt like an eternity. If your concentration was broken once more, you would have to start from the beginning again. You finally saw it. A spirit floating around on its own. You smiled and made another hand sign. The spirit widened his eyes a little as he was pulled toward you. He tried to stop himself, but he couldn't.

"Lord Kazekage," your soft whisper echoed through the nether world, sounding as if there were three of you repeating your words. He looked at you and you smiled at him. "I need to summon you. Please, come with me."

A portal of light opened behind you and you took some steps back towards it. You held out your hand to the Kazekage. He looked at it for a moment, then took it. You pulled him through the portal and his spirit appeared beside you. You looked at it then back at the Kazekage's dead body and Chiyo. You stood up and walked over to them, the spirit of the Kazekage following you.

"Gaara!" the blonde, Naruto, exclaimed once he saw the spirit. His face lit up.

"He won't be able to hear you," you told him. He frowned and gave you a questioning look. "Once they're summoned, the spirits only obey the wishes of the one who cast the jutsu. One thing I can't command the spirits to do, is remember who people are or to tell me what they remember. Their memory is kept in the nether world, and stays there until they go back. But, I plan on returning the spirit to the Kazekage, his memory should follow him."

"You can do that?" the jinchuuriki asked.

"I believe so," you answered and knelt down at the Kazekage's feet. There's a first time for everything. You held your hands out above the Kazekage's body. The spirit behind you floated up and laid down in midair. You slowly brought your hands down onto the Kazekage's feet. Have to keep the spirit inside of him while Lady Chiyo is using her jutsu. Hopefully, if things go the way I want them to, she won't die and he'll live.

~Sakura~

"I don't get it, what are they trying to do?" Naruto asked.

Sakura thought back to when she was helping Lady Chiyo to the bird that the girl from the Akatsuki had summoned. She had said she needed to do something, is this what she was talking about? Naruto stood beside her, watching everything that was happening.

"Leave him alone will ya? What do you think you're doing?" Naruto yelled and took a step forward. Sakura put a hand on his chest and held him back.

"I told you I would try to help, didn't I?" the girl from the Akatsuki asked. Her eyes were closed and she was obviously concentrating hard on whatever it was she was doing. Sakura looked at Chiyo. Lady Chiyo... is exchanging her own life... for his. But, what is the Akatsuki girl doing? She asked herself as she looked at her.

~Aiko~

You noticed Lady Chiyo shaking slightly. Her chakra is not enough. And I used too much of my own chakra with the birds and searching for the Kazekage's spirit. Not to mention, summoning a soul new to the nether world takes up more chakra and time than summoning a soul or spirit that has been there for some time. We need more chakra.

The jinchuuriki and Sakura were talking to each other but you only heard part of what they were saying.

"It's gonna be okay, she's bringing him back," Sakura told the jinchuuriki. When the blonde questioned her, she explained about Chiyo's jutsu. You felt Chiyo's chakra go down a little.

"Lady Chiyo," you whispered. "Are you alright?"

"Not enough chakra," she mumbled. You heard footsteps and opened your eyes to see the jinchuuriki holding his hands out to Lady Chiyo. Your eyes widened.