Chapter 14

"Our first mission?" you asked as you walked behind Kakuzu and Hidan. You were heading to the entrance of the Akatsuki hideout in the Hidden Rain village.

"Damn right!" Hidan turned to you and swung an arm over your shoulder. "Your first mission with us."

"Shut it Hidan," Kakuzu ordered. He opened the door and walked with you following.

"Oh come on grandpa," you whined. "Lighten up. With me around, we're not going to travel without talking you know. I'm bound to say something sooner or later."

"Even if it's stupid?" Hidan asked. You nodded.

"Even if it's stupid," you thought about it a moment then turned to Hidan with a frown. "Say, do you think what I say is stupid?"

"Huh?" Hidan looked up at the sky. "Most of the time you make no sense."

"Maybe that's just how retarded your brain is!" you shot at him.

"Who's the one with a retarded brain?! If you ask me, you're the youngest so you're the most retarded!" Hidan let go of your neck and pointed a finger at you.

You opened your mouth to argue but Kakuzu interrupted.

"Aiko's mind is much brighter than yours, Hidan," he said. You gave Hidan a creepy 'see?' smile. "Not to mention, she doesn't need people to explain things in simple words as often as you do."

"I thought you were gonna shut up during the the entire damn mission!" Hidan yelled.

"I was. But I thought I had to insult you once."

Hidan growled.

"So... what's the mission grandpa?" you spoke up before Hidan could do or say anything.

"We have to catch a man in a small village," Kakuzu answered. "He has a small bounty of 100 ryo on his head."

"Oh," you thought out loud. "Why did you get this mission? I mean, usually you have to get more money or jinchuuriki hunting or things like that."

"Because Leader thought you should start out with something small," Hidan answered.

"Ah," you giggled. "He doesn't want me to get hurt?"

"It appears that's the reason," Kakuzu answered. He pulled a small envelope along with a bag out of a pocket on the inside of his cloak. He handed you the bag and Hidan the envelope. He looked at Hidan. "That's the man we're looking for." he turned to you. "We'll wear that clothing, since it's possible that the people in this village have heard of us. It's only different, solid black cloaks. No big difference."

You pulled out the cloaks and handed them each one, keeping the smallest one to yourself. You removed the Akatsuki cloak you were wearing, the sun's bright rays hitting your skin. You smiled and faced the sun.

"Hey Hidan," you looked at him over your shoulder. He turned to you as he slipped a hand into the black cloak sleeve. "Catch." You fell backwards.

"What the heck?!" you felt muscular arms catch you from behind. You laughed. Hidan set you on your feet again as Kakuzu put the Akatsuki cloaks into the bag. "Why'd you do that? Idiot!"

"I knew you'd catch me," you answered and smiled at him.

"And what if I hadn't?" Hidan asked.

"Kakuzu would rip your head off and not stitch you back together?" you guessed.

"The kid's right Hidan," Kakuzu stated as he began to walk again. You and Hidan followed close behind.

"So, why'd you do that?" Hidan asked.

One Of Us ( Akatsuki Fan-fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें