Chapter 33

"Why do I feel like I'm being watched?" you wondered out loud as you walked through the streets of the Hidden Rain village. A large drop of water landed on your head. You looked up at the sky and frowned slightly, quite unamused. "Right, rain. What? Are you gonna watch over me the entire time?" a lot of water was dumped on your head. You gasped and shook out your hair. "Hey! What was that for?!"

Someone poked their head out of a window on the second floor of a building you were walking by. "Sorry young miss!" they called down.

You looked up at them and smiled once you saw the bucket in the person's hand. "It's okay!" you called up. You turned your head to face forward and mumbled, "I thought it was Leader telling me to be good girl."

"That wouldn't be such a bad idea."

Your head snapped in the direction of the voice. "Who's there?"

"Don't recognize me?"

You squinted your eyes and were able to make out a tall silhouette in an alleyway. "Hidan?"

"Bingo!" Hidan said as he stepped out of the shadows. "Damn, that's how long it takes you to realize you're being followed when you're not fighting? You should keep your guard up all the time you know."

You pouted and crossed your arms as you walked on with Hidan beside you. "Oh shut up Hidan. Nothing will go wrong in this village. It's under Leader's protection and it's pretty safe too. By the way, where's Kakuzu?"

"Eh, he went to sell some things I think," Hidan answered.

"Oh. And what are you doing out? I thought you weren't well yet."

"I'm fine princess, stitched back together and healthy!"

"I can see that. But what are you doing out here? Bored of the hideout?"

"That and Leader told me to tell you be careful," Hidan said.

"Why? I already know I have to be careful, he doesn't need to remind me twenty four seven."

"Yeah but it seems someone's been snoopin' around or something. People getting in what's not their business and gathering intel."

"I see," you said and looked at the ground. Suddenly, the rain came down harder. "Oh come on! I'm already soaked as it is!" you yelled and pulled Hidan into a small shop. You shook out your hair and removed your cloak. "He tells me to keep myself safe but I'm gonna catch a cold with all this rain," you muttered.

"Same here princess," Hidan agreed as he squeezed out the sleeve of his cloak and water came running out. You hung your cloak on a hanger on the wall and squeezed out your hair.

"Goodness, these are the times I wish I had an umbrella with me," you muttered and walked to the lady selling pork buns.

"It seems the restaurant next door has a drying place for clothing," Hidan said as he took your cloak and headed out. "I'll be right back okay?"

"Yeah, sure thing Hidan," you replied as you took a bun and tossed it to him. "It's on me today. I'll pay for these two," you told the lady and handed her the money.

"Thank you child," the lady said.

"Mhm," you answered and took a bite out of the bun. These pork buns are good.

A man came up to the shop and took a bun. "Ohh! It's hot!" he said as he tossed the bun from one hand to the other and took out some money. "I'll be taking one of these pork buns if you pleas granny."