Chapter 32

Forgive me for what I'm about to do, Deidara. You thought as lightning coursed through your arms and electrocuted Deidara. A bright, thick stream of lightning flew towards the sky and collided with a cloud, destroying it. Deidara cried out in pain and then his body went limp in your arms. You swung one his arms over your shoulders and stood. You turned to the raven haired boy on the ground. He had pushed Deidara to this limit, you knew it. But he wasn't any better off with bruises and cuts all over his body.

"You," he glared at you. "By your cloak, I can see you're also part of the Akatsuki."

"What does it matter to you?" you demanded in a cold tone. You didn't want to hurt the boy, just give him a sense of your hostility. Right now, your top priority was to get the three that came on this mission home so they could be looked at. Farubaru had to get her paw bandaged, Deidara would be out for a while and he needed to be looked at as well. As for Tobi, he was nowhere in sight but you knew he was fine. Somehow, that boy/man managed to stay out of harm's way.

"Why aren't you attacking?" he asked. You remained silent and stared blankly at him. "Where's Itachi Uchiha?"

"Don't know," you answered casually with a small shrug. "I wouldn't sell him out anyway. But keep this in mind; you hurt him, and I will kill you." Lies. The little voice in your head that betrayed you said. (Anyone else have that little voice that goes against you? I do.) I wouldn't kill him. I might hate him for a little, but I wouldn't kill him. I wouldn't be able to, at least... I don't think I would be able to.

He smirked. "You think you'd be able to take me on? I can see you use lightning style, so you'd be an unfortunate opponent for me. But I'm an Uchiha. I have the Sharingan, you're susceptible to Genjutsu."

You narrowed your eyes and focused chakra into your free hand as you swept it downwards in front of you. Wind style: Gale Palm! Sasuke flew backwards into a tree. He summoned a snake and disappeared. You stared at where he had disappeared from for a bit until the weight on your shoulder snapped you out of your thoughts. You also remembered Farubaru and jumped onto the branch.

"Farubaru, how's your paw?" you asked.

"It's fine," she answered as she held it off the ground. You inspected it and frowned. You wrapped an arm around Farubaru and stood. "What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious?" you asked as you jumped through the trees. "I'm not letting you walk like that. You bit yourself too hard and it looks as if you used all your fangs."

"Put me down!" Farubaru ordered as she wiggled around slightly.

"You stubborn fox," you muttered. "Your ego is bigger than your own body, and that's saying something. What have you been eating anyway? I don't remember foxes growing wolf size."

Farubaru sighed. "My father was a wolf and my mother was a snow fox. There, I said it. Happy now?"

"Why didn't you tell me before?" you asked.

"I thought you had figured it out by now," Farubaru answered. "It appears no one else from the Akatsuki have figured it out yet either."

"So what should I call you? A wox?"

"Wox?"

"A wolf and a fox... never mind," you answered.

You made a hand sign as best as you could manage and summoned a bird. You landed on the bird and it flew the rest of the way to the Hidden Rain village. You didn't want to think about it, but the thought just wouldn't leave your mind. Konan said she would try to trust me more, but I suddenly disappeared from the room once Farubaru used the reverse summoning. What will she do now? Will she still try to put more trust in me? Will she tell Leader? You couldn't help but wonder. Wait a minute, I'm forgetting something... where's Tobi?