FOURTY-ONE

Sara's POV

"Have a safe flight babe", I hummed, kissing George after he hurled his case into the back of an uber. Holding onto my waist he grinned,

"I will, and enjoy the wedding! Take photo's and send Eva and James my congratulations", grabbing my face before kissing me gently once more, he hopped into the car. I watched him disappear around the corner before heading back inside and throwing a few more things into my suitcase. The wedding was in 2 days, but we were all flying in tonight so we could all meet up tomorrow night for some pre-wedding drinks. 

I was definitely over-packing.

Picking up my phone, Emilys name popped up,

Emily: Hey, in the uber now, will be with you in 20 xx

I was so excited! Eva had picked out our sage green dresses back in July, but they'd been delivered to her house and we'd planned to pick them up tomorrow morning. I can't believe how quickly the year has raced by- it feels like only yesterday I had the save the date letter come through. 

As for me and George, it has been a challenging year to say the least. The heated discussions about Massachusetts were never-ending- he has his interview tomorrow, but has to stay until the day after as that's when they will have made their decision.

I didn't know what to think, do I want him to get the job? Or do I not? Hurling my baby pink suitcase next to the door, I had a final check making sure everything was turned off and the apartment was spotless. 

It wasn't long until I was in the Uber- me and Emily spoke about the plans for tomorrow as Kyle pouted at our enthusiasm about the dresses. We knew that we'd be at the Hilton tomorrow night and the night of the wedding, but for tonight we'd agreed I'd be staying with her. 

The flight was short, and thankfully I managed to sleep through it. It was dark by the time we were outside, so Emily's dad agreed to pick us up- we spoke about work, their family, the wedding; he was such a nice man. 

They had a spare room at their place, and so I unpacked my things, slipped into my pyjamas and got into bed. I couldn't help but feel a bit nervous about tomorrow night- we were meeting at the Hotel Bar at 8 and just spending the night playing a few games and catching up. The only issue? He would be there. It was their idea to make it less awkward for the wedding, as they wanted us paired up with the groomsmen for photos and the first couple of dances. I hadn't seen these people in 6 years, what's more awkward than a little high school reunion.

And again, HE would be there! It'd been so long since everything blew up, I had to be the bigger person. I was going to shake his hand and say hello like an adult! Fuck that, I hate his guts for what he did to me, but for Eva and James I will do the right thing and stay as far away from him as possible. I wonder if he's changed much? Maybe he's gained loads of weight- unlikely. Maybe he's really ugly now- even more unlikely. 

Shaking my head desperate to eliminate the thoughts, I thought about the dresses- usually when I force myself to think about shit, it sends me straight to sleep.

•••

"Sara!", the banging of my door forced me to open my eyes,

"Yep", I groaned as the door opened slowly. Emily was in some fluffy Pj's with rollers in her hair as she perched at the end of my bed,