TWENTY-THREE

Jacob's POV

"You know how I feel about her Jacob, why the fuck would you be out there all a lone with her?", Maddy whined pulling me back into Andrea's house with a stomp in her stride,

"Oh come on Maddy, the garden was packed with people! We were just talking about exams- we were in the same classes", I argued frustratedly pinching the bridge of my nose as she pulled me into an empty bedroom upstairs. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow with a sour look printed onto her face. Standing slightly in front of her I shuffled on my feet uncomfortably,

"I see the way she looks at you! She likes you Jacob", scoffing under her breath, she moved her palms to the bed sheets pressing her weight onto them. Letting out a stifled laugh, I walked closer to her,

"Really Maddy? We've hated each other since day one- we tolerate each other currently because we were in the same damn classes and on route to similar SAT scores. Mrs Willis and mr Brown coupled us up for that exact reason! If I had a choice, I wouldn't be caught dead with her", defending myself desperately she still had her brows furrowed with a stern look on her face. She was beyond wrong, Sara would never have feelings for me- we're too different. 

"Then why speak to her out of choice? No one forced you to go into the garden!", sighing angrily and rubbing her temples, she stood up so that she was now face-to-face with me,

"And what about you and Martin Smith? Don't think I don't see you two giggling in corners", I seethed raising my eyebrows as her eyes went wide. Laughing hysterically, she clutched onto her stomach,

"I see what this is about now", trying to catch her breathe I tilted my head slightly,

"You do?", I uncertainly queried nervously. Shit, did she know about me and Sara?

"You're jealous aren't you baby? You thought something was going on between me and Martin so you were trying to make me jealous by being all buddy-buddy with Sara", she kissed her teeth abruptly. I was going to have to go a long with this, other wise I couldn't see a way out.

"Yeah", sighing dramatically I sat down on the bed resting my chin in my hands,

"Baby, Martin is gay. Like, very gay", she giggled sitting beside me and rubbing my back.

"Oh", I was telling the truth about seeing them spending a lot of time together, but I wasn't jealous. I didn't really feel anything- I'd assumed it was because I trusted her, but really I began to wonder if I'd be jealous even if there was something going on. This was so fucked up. If I saw Sara so much look at another man I'd feel my insides clench and my palms sweat. 

"Come on, let's go and show everyone how besotted with each other we are", Maddy beamed before leading the way back downstairs. We could barely move it was that busy with drunken bodies crashing into us with each step we took. Pulling my hand into the living room where everyone was dancing to chase and status, she threw her hands around my neck pinning my body to hers. She looked so beautiful with curly hair and her makeup done just the way I liked it; laughing at each others awful dance moves, I admired her golden soul and the happy energy she radiated- she was so perfect. So why couldn't I get my mind off of the girl stood only metres away from me?

Sara's POV

He was dancing with such an ecstatic look on his face- he was beaming from ear to ear taking in each detail of her body with his beautiful blue eyes. I glared at the way his hands territorially held her waist and his mouth whispering sweet nothings into her ear resulting in a high-pitched laugh. My heart throbbed and my body shook as I came to a halt, watching her connect their lips once more.