Sophomore 57

Minneapolis, MinnesotaMarry Me by Jason DeruloFri

Marry Me by Jason Derulo
Fri. Dec. 10th, 5:30PM
"Will You Be Mine?"
🏀

There has never been a more beautiful day than this one. The birds chirped a melodious tune as they sat on the branches. The trees rustled as the wind blew on them. Big white clouds moved through the clear blue skies. The sun shined brightly through the oval shaped windows and directly inside the courtroom. There wasn't a case today but a small intimate bonding of two individuals. One was still wondering how they got here. Going from never having anyone to having a forever partner. That was astonishing within itself.

Seeing how much they've grown over the years, going from innocent kids who didn't know better to adults taking a big step in life, was the ultimate goal in life. The people around them weren't going to front regarding their feelings about it all. Some were concerned. They figured it was too much for two new young adults to be getting married so soon. This was a huge commitment that they didn't think they were prepared for in reality. Despite how they felt though, this was a ceremony of a lifetime.

They were appreciative to be apart of it.

Shai stood in the front of the courtroom waiting patiently for his bride-to-be. He was excited, cheesing so hard that his cheeks were hurting, but he didn't mind. He was sleepy though. He didn't get much sleep since he was busy worrying about today. Luckily, he didn't have to deal with everything alone. He had Stephen, Kirk, and Tatum by his side. It may not have been his Uncle William but having three supportive men around was good either way. He had his suit, the ring, and his vows he written months ago. He was more than prepared to make it official.

He didn't have to wait any longer either.

The door to the courtroom opened. Shai, DeeDee, and Kirk turned their heads with quickness. The brightest of smiles appeared on all their faces once they seen Stephen and Dess entered together. Shai's smile widening larger than it already was. Him and Dess locked eyes. The rest of the room disappearing and only them two were there. Everything was going according to plan. She was wearing her short white dress, holding her yellow bouquet of roses while her alive father walked her to her groom-to-be. She promised herself that she wouldn't cry.

She lied.

She stepped on the platform where Shai and Judge Matthews stood. Stephen unhooked his arm with hers and kissed her cheek. He took her flowers, gave Shai a head nod of approval then stepped to the side with DeeDee and Kirk. It still felt like it was only Dess and Shai in the room. They stared at each other, the both of them teary-eyed. Shai was the first to drop a tear leading to Dess doing the same. They both laughed together, sharing their own inside joke. They made a bet for whoever cried first bought the other whatever they wanted.