Sophomore 14

🏀Hampton University, VirginiaUnappreciated by CherishTues

🏀
Hampton University, Virginia
Unappreciated by Cherish
Tues. Sept. 7th, 11:12AM
"Invisible Woman"

Dess excused herself as she rushed past a few people. She hurried to the table where Shai was sitting at. His head deep in a book while he write. She smiled as she creeped up on him about to scare him.

"Boo!" She said, pushing his shoulders a bit. Unfazed, Shai look back at her then went back to his work.

"I guess you can't be scared then," Dess mentioned. She took her bag off then occupied the seat next to him. She leaned close, expecting him to look at her. But he kept his attention on his work.

Dess rested her chin on his arm then poke his cheek. "Attention, I would like to have it." She told him.

"I'm doing homework," he replied in an uninterested tone.

Dess rolled her eyes leaning off him then reaching for his pencil. She took it out his hand, stopping him for doing his work. Shai suck his teeth then turned to face her.

"Can I have my pencil back?" He asked with an attitude. He wasn't in the mood for any of the games that she wanted to play. Everything was still annoying him.

"You can stop working for a little bit. I want attention," she said, completely missing the attitude he was throwing her way.

"I gave you attention yesterday. I have stuff to do, so give me my pencil." He attempted to reach for it but Dess moved her hand back.

"You do know giving your girlfriend attention isn't a one time thing right?" She sassed, rolling her neck. Shai rolled his eyes, forgetting the pencil and turning away from her.

Dess pressed her lips together, not recognizing the attitude. "Alrighty then," she muttered. She handed him his pencil back, Shai not saying anything and going right back to his work.

"Well, could you at least have a conversation with me real quick?" Dess asked.

"Go ahead." He responded, not paying attention.

Dess said nothing on it and proceeded to say what she needed to say. "Umm, so the first football game is Thursday. And I'm cheering as well. Are you going to come?"

A bit of excitement showed as she imagined Shai standing here while she cheered. They could be closer this time unlike during basketball season. She's been waiting for this moment actually. It was something about cheering that made her feel better on the inside. Not only was she able to showcase her talent and was pretty popular on campus, she was now on the varsity squad and in first row. That was a huge jump from last school year, but many seniors had left and spots were open. Coach MiMi and Coach Louis saw the potential in her and gave her the spot.