Sophomore 18

🏀Hampton University, VirginiaShe Knows by J

🏀
Hampton University, Virginia
She Knows by J. Cole
Mon. Sept. 13th, 5:26 PM
"The Truth will Prevail"

Shamar ran in between the orange cones, working on his speed. As soon as he crossed the half court line, Coach Maxwell threw him the ball and he took a step back. He released the ball from his hands for his three pointer, the ball going through the hoop effortlessly. He ran to another spot on the court, Maxwell throwing another ball at him. This time Shamar dribbled to the basket and went for a layup. The ball bounced off the backboard and went through the hoop.

He went for the ball then started dribbling it beside him. He was bored. Extremely bored. For the last couple of days, he's been practicing in the gym alone. Only people that were here was the two new basketball coaches, Maxwell and Logan. Danny Adams was here too, but he stayed in his office majority of the time. He was still unable to be around Shamar by himself. He didn't want to put his hands on a child, so he stayed away. That was changing today since the rest of the team was arriving pretty soon.

Regardless, Shamar was still bored. He needed some type of competition to get him going. However, he couldn't keep waiting patiently for everyone else to show up. Which explains why he kept looking at the gym doors, hoping they opened soon and several dudes walked inside. Until then, he was doing things solo and being the best on the court. Just how Sean wants him to.

"You straight?" Maxwell questioned while Logan threw him the scatted basketballs. He placed them back on the rack while Shamar continued to dribbled the one in his hand.

"Yeah, I'm straight." Shamar responded. "I'm just bored as hell with no one here. When is everyone coming?" He questioned, looking around the empty gym.

Logan looked around as well, wondering the same thing. He's been wanting to see the rest of the team and introduce himself. He used to play for Hampton seven years ago and always dreamed of coming back to coach. Working right beside two legends, such as, Danny Adams and Demetrius Howard was his ultimate goal. He was finally able to achieve that goal.

"I believe they're coming pretty soon. 5:30 or something like that," Maxwell answered. He was also happy to be working beside a legend.

Maxwell came over from Princeton University and played basketball himself. He arrived to Virginia a few months ago and overheard about the coaching position. After doing his research, he had to come work with Danny Adams. He remembered watching the legend on television and wished to be in that position. Now, he was. He couldn't be more happier to have this opportunity.

He also couldn't be more happier to see the one person that's been the talk of the year with the Hampton Pirates. He thought this was who he was working with for the past couple of days. But it wasn't. He too was waiting for the rest of the team, so he could see the one and only. The face of the Hampton University men's basketball team. Shai Carter.