Sophomore 55

Minneapolis, MinnesotaAll of Me by John LegendTues

All of Me by John Legend
Tues. Dec. 7th, 10:12AM
"Relationship Escalator"
🏀

"Sorry for the inconvenience." Madeline said while shutting the door. She came back to her seat, blowing out a breath as she sat. "My husband couldn't come in due to him having food poisoning. This man never ate sushi before and now he wants to try it. Men do not listen."

Madeline shook her head then crossed one leg over the other. She folded her hands over them and looked at the young couple. This was her first session with a couple this young before. But seeing young black love was all she cared about.

"This is new so bear with me. I understand you two are young, so a few questions won't be asked. Is that alright?" She asked the both of them.

Dess looked at Shai first then nodded. "Yeah, that's alright. We kinda figured. What can be talked about is fine with us." She told her.

"Good, let's get this started. All that I ask for is complete honesty and transparency. I'm here to help, not judge. I'm not picking sides either when I give feedback. I know that's a reason why a lot of men re hesitate on doing sessions with a woman therapist." Madeline spoke directly to Shai.

"It's cool. I'm prepared for whatever." He confidently responded.

Surprisingly, his nerves have left him the moment he entered the office. It reminded him of sitting in Gabe's office in a way. Cozy and warm colored walls. A few black love posters hanging on the wall. Degrees and pictures of the couple and their family. Not to mention, Dess was here with him, and that put him at ease too. He was ready.

"That's good. So, for an introduction, I'd like for you to tell me a little about yourselves. Dess, how about you go first." Madeline told her.

"Okay." Dess sat up to fix her posture. "Okay, a little about me...I'm eighteen and a Capricorn. I enjoy cooking just about anything honestly. I love fashion and dressing up. Whenever I can, I will. I'm a loving person who treats everyone equally. I am a tad bit too friendly and naive at times, and I can admit that can be an issue when it comes to relationships. But I'm a lover either way."

Madeline nodded then went to Shai. "Your turn."

"Alright, my name is Shai. You already know that obviously. I'm nineteen and a Leo. I don't do much since I'm pretty quiet and laidback. I like to play basketball and eat everything that she cooks." He kept it short.

"You're not much of a talker either, I assume." Madeline mentioned with a small chuckle. Shai shook his head.

"Okay, hopefully, we can get a few things out of you today. So, why are we deciding to get married? Especially so young." Madeline moved along. She grabbed her notebook and pen off the table, opening it to a new page.